Tarpaulin?

MJ

Flimsy tarps are surprisingly cheap and readily available in Lerwick^^as above.

Cut one or fold it. Easy-peasy. :wink:

edit -- If you opted to fold a full size flimsy tarp rather than cut it - tape up the edges with duck tape to save hassle. Keeping it full size would of course depend on what you are planning. If it's a bit of simple camping then fine, but if you are hiking pan-Himalayas, then cutting it down would be better (taping the cut edges would be smart too, and then use a proper punch to make holes for pegs in double taped edges if required. :wink: )

Why not measure and cut it out yourself, I can't think it would be difficult?

I only want 3X6. I don't know where to buy that's why I asked. The huge groundsheets in Cee&Jays are just too big and I just can't justify the cost to waste nearly all of it. It's only for a camp roll, seem to remember getting it from NE Farmers last time, but they aint there anymore...

Flimsy no good, needs to survive traveling up and down Shetland, Scotland & Europe - well at least till the bound one I ordered arrives...

Thanks Paul, will try there - The "Joys" of sending our Daughters away to campsites... At least yours got to see Blondie.

Why not measure and cut it out yourself, I can't think it would be difficult?

I only want 3X6. I don't know where to buy that's why I asked. The huge groundsheets in Cee&Jays are just too big and I just can't justify the cost to waste nearly all of it. It's only for a camp roll, seem to remember getting it from NE Farmers last time, but they aint there anymore...

Flimsy no good, needs to survive traveling up and down Shetland, Scotland & Europe - well at least till the bound one I ordered arrives...

Thanks Paul, will try there - The "Joys" of sending our Daughters away to campsites... At least yours got to see Blondie.

she did. they are pretty cheap. we used one over winter to cover the peats. it won't last years but will do. you should get a few out of a sheet. and you can even get and eyelet kit. it may be cheaper to see if there are any second hand tents at the scrap store. you could borrow ours but its a 8 man one. never used. but way big for your daughter and very heavy.

thank one and all

given me lots of ideas, bloomin internet orders. I know some say 28days, but you don't expect it. If it's shown in stock on the site you expect it to be in stock, mutter, mumble. 3rd camp tomorrow night and I'd just like her to be fully equiped for next weekend for her 1st week long one...

It's for rolling up sleeping bag, camp blanket & pillow and tying underneath rucksack. needs to be waterproof.

Guest Anonymous

i had 3mm rubber matting off ebay recently and it comes in smaller sizes but the leftovers make brilliant door mats etc etc , came fast and no hellish dear