What is the best heating you can get nowadays

Trout81

Guest Anonymous

multifuel stove with backboiler, since installing just the multifuel stove without back boiler we have turned off 2 out of 3 night storage heaters never used them at all last winter and our coal use has halved, and electric bill has halved.

burn all your rubbish instead of paying for it to be removed to heat your neighbours.

You don’t have to have under floor heating with ground source or air source heat pumps they can work with radiators and I believe that air source heat pumps work best with a blown hot air system.

I believe that the grant system is changing for heat pumps and understand that you won’t get a one off payment but a payment towards your heating bills instead.

I still wouldn't dismiss oil heating as modern boilers are far more efficient as they used to be, I know a chap who replaced his 8 year old boiler for a new one after considering air/ground source heat pumps and deciding that the outlay was far too much. He is saving £2000 a year on his oil bill just because the boiler is more efficient.

Guest posiedon
He is saving £2000 a year on his oil bill just because the boiler is more efficient.

Bollox! We've recently replaced a 17 year old inefficient boiler with the best available today, and if I was saving £2,000 a year on oil; Highland fuels would be paying me.

Did you maybe typo an extra 0 there?

Guest Anonymous

but with all this global warming AT by the time it pays for itself we will all be looking for air conditioners instead of heating, I find a good fair isle gansy works best it works well in any room in the house and can be removed for zero cost if things start to get a tad warmer.

Guest Anonymous

thats the beauty of it AT it gets too hot and you take it of and put it in the closset until it is needed again, a one off payment for wool and a jumper board and hey presto instant heating or cooling as and when needed

He is saving £2000 a year on his oil bill just because the boiler is more efficient.

Bollox! We've recently replaced a 17 year old inefficient boiler with the best available today, and if I was saving £2,000 a year on oil; Highland fuels would be paying me.

Did you maybe typo an extra 0 there?

Maybe his house is better insulated than yours.

The house is an average stone built 3 bedroom house with a sitting room extension.

£2000 is what the guy said he was saving a year mind he is still paying just over £1000 a yearfor oil.