Which Music? Yun!

Baron Farkoff

Can YOU help to improve the Music of Shetland?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can YOU help to improve the Music of Shetland?

• Yes, yes I can.
    • No I, don't think I can.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 - Steve Earle & the Dukes, Sharon Shannons Big Band, Los Lobos, John Fogerty, Shakin Stevens, Wolfstone, Frankie Boyle

2 - Travelling Wilburys, Vatersay Boys, Saw Doctors, Quicksilver, Lauren O'Connell

3 - Kansa, No Sweat, Da Bid

Crackin thread :)

(Personally I feel "all local" gigs are going to be a strong point - we dont often get to see/hear local bands on the big stage..)

Just to be different I would quite like to have Leonard Cohen as the international act, Máire Ní Chathasaigh as something gentle and traditional (ok so Irish traditional but so what) and Chris stout as my local act.

That is of course picking people that might actually be able to get here without chartering a ferry for their equipment.

Top pop picks there, Justme and spinner!

That Lenny C, he does a MotherTheresa-mungously large amount of work for charidee. But he doesn't like to talk about it.

Some more:

1) Fountains of Wayne,George Benson+Al Jarreau, Doves,Stanton Moore trio.

2) Joanna Newsom. And Iknow it's impossible but Morphine.Bless you Mr. Sandman.

3) Um... do the red vans count as locals? :?

Hmmm....

1. AIR, Nick Cave, Diamanda Galas, Gogol Bardello, Sigur Ros (but in Staneydale Temple), The Raconteurs, Bjork (wearing swan dress), Madeleine Peyroux, Libertines

2. Beverley Sisters, Christopher Walken and Marlon Brando doing a duet, (well, it's the fantasy selection, hmmm... maybe that's a different type of fantasy), Ivor Novello, DB as Ziggy Stardust, Marlene D, Johnny Cash, Sex Pistols, Patsy Cline, Jacques Brel, Eva Cassidy

3. Peatstack, Rumshack Blues Band and, em, Hanggai (????!!!!!!) well, if they do the FF does that mean they count as local? and have to agree... anything with Jack Sandison up front

Emile Sande sounds funky!

Quite an amazing Aberdonian voice, she was playing the Lemon Tree last weekend, most folks know her as the voice from the chipmunk song "Diamond Rings" or the voice from Wiley's "Never be your Woman".

My daughter can't quite get used to this not seeing bands because she's too young thing (or I'm too broke to travel). Anyway I figure being a poster girl for the Lemon Tree is a good excuse why she can't try and sneak in underage - Kathy never did get me to sign a release for that photo.

And well Lowkey, he's eye candy... with a brain :wink:

sorry just going to add isn't this refreshing compared with p***** like chipmunk

nice to hear a male rapper challenging rappers attitudes towards women.

and one of my favs at the moment has to be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWsZz0uOFNg