Lerwick Building Centre - Kitchen & Bathroom Dept

nortmin2

GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE OR NOT  

35 members have voted

1. 1. GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE OR NOT

• YES
    • NO

^ Maybe because the site was formerly the garden of 'Brae Cottage', now demolished ?

Yeh, I'd heard dat but Brae Court?.

Would Brae Cottage not have been an option even although it's in the singular?. At least it would have kept the old name going.

Or Cottage Court maybe?. Or better still, Emmerdale Farm :wink:

Brae Court just seems odd and pretty dire :(

Guest Anonymous

one thing i will say is that LBC do need to be reminded of the sale of goods act when they do supply faulty goods, as they have been loathed to do anything to rectify problems I've had with things bought there until told that they have to under the said act. and even then it is with poor grace.

I will not be buying from them again

They quoted me and at least 2 other couples I know for a kitchen including appliances but wouldn't give a breakdown of costs between the units and appliances when asked. I wanted to get appliances from elsewhere so obviously I wanted to compare prices.

I couldn't understand what the problem was so I ended up going elsewhere!

Cheers

one thing i will say is that LBC do need to be reminded of the sale of goods act when they do supply faulty goods, as they have been loathed to do anything to rectify problems I've had with things bought there until told that they have to under the said act. and even then it is with poor grace.

I will not be buying from them again

I've only ever had one slight problem with a purchase from LBC. I didn't complain, just asked politely about it, and they pulled out all the stops to rectify the problem. Perfect service.

But, of course bobdahog, if you go in with all guns blazing quoting acts of an unrecognisable parliament, what do you expect? Just try being nice to people and they will be nice in return. :D

They quoted me and at least 2 other couples I know for a kitchen including appliances but wouldn't give a breakdown of costs between the units and appliances when asked. I wanted to get appliances from elsewhere so obviously I wanted to compare prices.

Cheers

I assume you went to B&Q. Where the answer to the same question is, "The appliances are included free, so we can't give a price breakdown" Which actually means, "We have loaded the price of the kitchen units to cover the cost of the appliances".

And if you did go to B&Q, God help you. :roll:

Cheers

I assume you went to B&Q. Where the answer to the same question is, "The appliances are included free, so we can't give a price breakdown" Which actually means, "We have loaded the price of the kitchen units to cover the cost of the appliances".

No not quite B & Q. Went into Buildbase and got exactly what I asked for, a breakdown in price which was all I wanted in the first place. Kitchen came from there and appliances elsewhere in the town. I wasn't shopping for myself but for someone else who isn't as confident when trying to 'barter'. :wink:

Well we got a complete kitchen from B&Q , minus appliances which we bought locally from George Robertsons because of better service in the event of a breakdown. B&Qs kitchen arrived around 5 weeks later to the very day they said it would be delivered , everything was there , well wrapped , nothing missing and the same quality of surfaces as you would get locally......at a fraction of the cost.