Which browser do you prefer?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you prefer?

• Internet Explorer
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Safari (Mac)
    • Other

On Windows I prefer Firefox (it gets faster and faster), but when running Linux (Fedora) I use Epiphany, it´s a lighter and faster browser. Some years ago it was Galeon, just in the same niche (in fact enlightened Mozilla).

Never been a fan of Konqueror, but have to admit that some "IE-oriented" sites it translates better than Epiphany or Mozilla.

BTW, for the lovers of Internet Explorer I recommend "MyIE", it's a version of IE elaborated by Chinese hackers. Has tabs (which is improvement) and is very reliable.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a mac, safari is pretty ok. I still think firefox is slower.

What was loading in Firefox at the time of that screengrab? The CPU usage should be sitting at 0 unless it is up to something. Have you tried unloading all extensions and then running it? The only other thing that might cause the CPU usage to jump is a page that utilises a lot of Java or a plugin such as Adobe Acrobat.

on a mac, safari is pretty ok. I still think firefox is slower.

What was loading in Firefox at the time of that screengrab? The CPU usage should be sitting at 0 unless it is up to something. Have you tried unloading all extensions and then running it? The only other thing that might cause the CPU usage to jump is a page that utilises a lot of Java or a plugin such as Adobe Acrobat.

you can see- just google.

If you have a Mac you should be using Camino.

All of the advantages of Firefox wthout the drawbacks

Hail to thee o BigMouth! Camino is fast as fox! :wink: In fact it's notably faster. I fear my love affair with Safari is fading by the minute. I am truly humbled.

Cheers again.

you can see- just google.

I don't know where I can see. There is no sign of Firefox on the desktop or the taskbar. In that case it must be down to an obscure extension or spyware.

I've never seen Firefox use so much CPU resources when doing nothing. No program should be using anything more than minimal CPU resources when sitting idle.