Deportation of Sakchai Makao (Mark II) - ** News Thread **

trout

The latest electricity interuption was caused by a local circuit breaker, nothing to cause us concern.

They hope to have all areas back on by this afternoon.

Due to bird strikes, crows' nests, etc during the summer. The circuit breaker trips momentarily to protect the system. >

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if tavish scott is breaking any scottish parlement laws by speeking out over the "No go area" of sakchai's deportation but he deserves a hand. He continues to prove to be a man who fight's for a community's wellbeing and is a credit to shetland an democracy on a whole.

"GO ON YERSEL BIG MAN!!!!"

SAM,

I will tell you what this campaign about, It is the coming together of a small Island community to the defence of one of our residents who has been seriously wronged, we have discovered along the way that this is not a one off and that there are several people UK wide are in the same position at the hands of a flawed legal system and a government who are running out of ideals to chase.

Surley personal items can be put aside in times of need for the greater good of what is still our country and it's residents.

Isn't it possible to sign in using the same profile from different computers?

Indeed it is Fifi. I post from home and from work using the same user profile.

Got that sussed now......so will just be Davie G from now on, although I hope I made it clear it was me anyway. The wife was not too pleased with me using her e-mail (although I didnt realise I was to be honest) so fair play to her.

Anyway John Haswell from Shetland Arts was in Edinburgh over the weekend with some young people from YUF (Yell, Unst and Fetlar) youth theatre and they got to tour the Scottish Parliament and met Jack McConnell.

They raised the Sakchai case with him and they said he was "supportive and sympathetic" which is about all we can officially hope for at this time really - given this so called 'reserved issue'.

However we might be forgiven for hoping that he may take a different more 'unofficial' stance in this respect too. At least he knows about it for sure now and we can always hope for the best.

Thanks to him for at least acknowleding the young people and going as far as he could on the issue.

Good to hear from de again NewMagnie by the way and some well informed observations as always. Just for the record (or on this occasion the Mail) there was a quite 'surprising' article in the Scottish Daily Mail on Saturday re the Sakchai case. They stuck strongly to the facts and their comment was along the lines of "this is not the kind of person we should be dealing with" and more a "here's one we should" comparison. Dare I say it it was almost supportive - so fair play to them on this one. the headline was "A Most Unlikely Hero" - just about says it all.

I thought I saw Sam burning a pile of Daily Mails on Saturday :lol:

Fair play to my least favourite paper for giving a balanced viewpoint, I will try to get my hands on a copy so I can fully believe they didn't have 47 stories on Princess Diana and a free poster of the Queen...

Fully agree with the earlier post about a community coming together for the greater good, personalities etc put to one side. That is the way it should be!

Fair play to my least favourite paper for giving a balanced viewpoint, I will try to get my hands on a copy so I can fully believe they didn't have 47 stories on Princess Diana and a free poster of the Queen...

Fully agree with the earlier post about a community coming together for the greater good, personalities etc put to one side. That is the way it should be!

Thanks for that. If I deserve to be attacked for whatever reason (I'm assuming that the meaning of the post) I would hope that they can find another way and time of doing it and not make Sakchai a whipping boy for any personal grudges against me.

Or maybe I just read it wrong. Either way I'm big enough to take it just please leave him (and this campaign) out of it on this occasion.

If it is the cinema and music venue issue (as I think has been hinted at) then surely that is for another day and another place, as would any other unconnected reason.

The only reason I am so involved in this issue is the fact he's a close personal friend of my sons, and therefor me too, and I was simply around at the time he called and tried to help them ALL out in a time of, to be honest, pretty dire need.

Hope that clears up my role in this whole sorry affair. If it was for personal profile, gain or simply brownie points I would hope I could find easier ways of doing it.

Coffee Davie, could even be time to start smoking,

If you had not stood in the face of injustice who would, and would we have gone so far to defend a person in time of trouble.

The fact that you are the recognised leader maybe just coincidence but it's a nice coincidence, We are all dedicated to this issue and have a dam good comunicator to thank for progress so far.

Hope we are still filling their mail box,s (need to spell that bit correctly)

Any suggestions on how we can keep an eye on the hearing tommorow?

Thanks for that. If I deserve to be attacked for whatever reason (I'm assuming that the meaning of the post) I would hope that they can find another way and time of doing it and not make Sakchai a whipping boy for any personal grudges against me.

Or maybe I just read it wrong. Either way I'm big enough to take it just please leave him (and this campaign) out of it on this occasion.

If it is the cinema and music venue issue (as I think has been hinted at) then surely that is for another day and another place, as would any other unconnected reason.

The only reason I am so involved in this issue is the fact he's a close personal friend of my sons, and therefor me too, and I was simply around at the time he called and tried to help them ALL out in a time of, to be honest, pretty dire need.

Hope that clears up my role in this whole sorry affair. If it was for personal profile, gain or simply brownie points I would hope I could find easier ways of doing it.

The personality thing is not directed at you or any one person, it was merely a point that folk using that as a reason for not supporting/donating money etc are in my opinion devoid of principle and instead are resorting to playground tactics. Anybody who could think you would be doing this for your own good is an idiot - everybody knows how much work you are doing. Tireless and pragmatic even when given awkward questions, boy du should be da PM!! :lol: Although I think Question Time would need to be trebled in length...

Keep up the good work everybody.

Thanks for that. If I deserve to be attacked for whatever reason

that cleared up a lot...

i dont have a grudge agenst you davie, just (and some of my friends)dont agree what you say sometimes, as im sure you have with us. all love and war and that. dont take it personaly.

Absolutely no problem at all. Hey if everybody agreed with everybody it would be a strange world, and as I say I have no problme with that at all. Respect!!!!