Fly tipping

sunnyday3

I am so dissapointed to see that we have some exceedingly lazy ******* in Shetland and couldnt take their minging old sofa, and other large pieces of furniture and crap to the dump, nope instead found that the Loch of Voe was a more convenient place to dump it. Have people up here really been reduced to being that fricken bone idle. Were they just expecting a good old voar red up fae a pile 'o' bairns.

you lazy SODS!!!!!!!

do you know the price of fuel in shetland some of us cannot afford to travel without a specific reason (i.e. food medical or collecting something necessary ) the council could have specific old quarries designated to depositing bulky unwanted articles for disposal outside the usual skips then they could collect when the amount was worth while if the cut backs continue we will be back to the old days of the nearest cliff and let the sea claim the (bruck)

Not an excuse, dumping it where ever you please for kids to hurt themselves on ect, its disgusting there are skips placed everywhere, one in lower Voe just a few miles from the place it was dumped, one also in Brae and stuff was dumped at Mavis Grind, if you cant move it phone the council and ask for help. I know EXACTLY!!!!! the cost of fuel, not stopping my husband from taking old stuff from our house this week to the dump.

Disgusting behaviour!!!!!!

do you know the price of fuel in shetland some of us cannot afford to travel without a specific reason ...... the council could have specific old quarries designated to depositing bulky unwanted articles for disposal outside the usual skips then they could collect when the amount was worth while if the cut backs continue we will be back to the old days of the nearest cliff and let the sea claim the (bruck)

It would need a license to do this.

A waste transfer station should have all the bruck contained. To allocate a few quarries would need a number of licenses. The problem would be who is going to monitor this dumping?

then they could collect when the amount was worth while

Land fill costs, and the costs will be increasing. I think it is about 50 pounds a tonne and rising. The more the councill collect the more it would cost, as your soft furnishings would have absorbed quite a weight in moisture . It is worth the councils while to let you the public bring the rubbish to them I think.

Only walking fish came from the sea so to speak, not Ikea scatter cushions :)