Deportation - Apparently A Debate Thread?? :?

Njugle

too be fair davie, personally i feel dat dis should have been at most a private message as dis is also an attack against sam.

regardless of whit he did, i dinna ken him or whit his motives are/were, whether honourable or disruptive, but i do think dat dis post is no better dan whit you accuse him of.

i don't know whit dis email you refer to wis or whitever, but a public forum is not da place to voice this.

you may well be tired (lang trip and aa dat) and emotional, but dis could've and should've been handled differently

8O

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think its is more to do with who you know and who can do the most shouting- be interesting if in the future another case comes froward if the same people shouting now is quiet when its not their pals? hope im wrong though

Yes you are wrong Sam - that being your one consistent trait. I am utterly amazed after all I have posted re the fund that you can write such utter nonsense re a big party couyld be thrown or whatever when this is all over.

Right from the start we said that IF there was money left over it would be donted, with community agreement, to a similar cause and not necessarily inside Shetland.

If you have strings attached to donating please dont - we dont need your money and as of now we can do without your 'involvement' too - see my previous post in this respect.

And by the way for your information I was also involved with the Minn and Tanya support campaign as well so dont even go there......

We would do the same for anybody, yes especially a friend, but not limited to that I can assure you

I agree wi what du says peeriesooky, hooever if the type of behaviour that Davie described has been going on then its can only be fought like for like as its the only way to face it, I would hope Davie has done his homework before posting his reply. Personally what folk canna say openly to your face doesna matter fur if they dunna hae da confidence to say it openly, it more aft as no means unfortunatley its out o malice and spite mair dan constructive and relevant criticism.

as this is now a debate, it looks like i have to play devils advocate again. i have spoken to several folk who think that sakchai should be deported. he has broken the law, and the law states that any foreign national with a criminal record be deported. everyone says that he is not a threat to the community, but can anyone gaurantee 100% that he will never get drunk and never set fire to something while under the influence??? not all shetlanders are in favour of the campaign, but because of the strength of feeling by the campaigners, some folk feel intimidated and are afraid to voice their real opinion

Possibly a fair point vailron but why then did they NOT speak out when Sakchai was first released back into the community over two years ago?

No outcry, letters in the paper then etc etc

of course not, isnt that the whole point about the law in question, surely anyone is a potential threat to their local community. but what really saddens me about this whole campaign, is that some people, especially the older ones, are afraid to voice their real opinions, because they feel intimidated by the youngsters campaining for sakchai

I would still speak up if my feelings were strong enough. Cnat be too committed to their views I would suspect and as I say they have had over two years to do this before any campaign got under way.

i agree with his deportation, the law was put in place for a reason, i also believe that if the case involved someone that was unemployed, or had learning/mental health issues, there would be nowhere near as much support for their cause. the law does state that a foreign national with a crinminal record is eligible for deportation, and i am afraid to say that sakchai does have a criminal record. so where is the problem. everyone says he is not a threat, but what happens next time he has a drink and decides to set fire to something, next time it may not be a derilict car or hut it could be someones home. not forgetting he was charged with 2 incidents of fire raising. no doubt i will now be banned from here for speaking my mind, feel free to do that. i will also be castigated for being so open, i just wish many others had the bittle to speak up, and air their true feelings about the matter

Two years without the slightest issue in this respect and how many before the first instance vailron - when in your opinion has jsomebody paid their dues to society or should we just lock everyone who has committed a crime in the past and throw away the key just IN CASE they do it again

tae be honest, i have spoken tae a number o folk aboot dis, and da most i get are sum folk who are sympathetic tae da case in terms o thinking it wis heavy handed da way dey cam and took him, but naeboady i've spoken tae supports da campaign, or is even bothered by it aa, dey're jist nae interested. he disna actually hae dat big an impact on da community on a hale, tae be honest

Interesting observation but find this a bit hard to believe given my own personal expereinces over the past three weeks. But you never know.....

i agree, da personal slant is irrelevant, it is facts, figures and the human rights/illegality aspects etc dat need tae be used in oprder tae win da fight.

As it turns out you and Sam are both very wrong on this one. Sakchai's lawyer has made it very clear these issues DO matter a great deal when the matter is considered from a legal standpoint and she has asked for all relevant information in this respect.

It has also been the main issue the NATIONAL press have been most interested in so wrong on all counts I'm afraid.

i am not being negative, or trying tae pick fault, i am simply curious as to whit his contribution is. i accept dat a lifeguard is a valuable service, but da fact remains dat if he wisna daing it, sumboady else wid be. as fir chatting wi folk, fine he's a nice friendly guy, but dat disnae equate to invaluable which folk are making him oot tae be

How do YOU measure value to a community then? I woould think that 99.9 % of all folk in Shetland have some valuable assets that give them the right to live here and not face the sort of things Sakchai has had to face.

What job you do etc etc seems to me to be an utterly irrelevant issue. I would struggle to come up with many names in Shetland who do not offer something of value to the community in one way or another.

If such allegations are proven to be true Davie, a well written reposte.

Sadly they are true. Pity things have to sink to this level of depravity but rest assured debate is one thing breaking the law is another as this poster has already pointed out - now he goes and does the same.

Not the same level of risk I agree but as sSam has said before the law is the law

further mair, read aa da posts rather is replying as du goes and you'll see whit folk wir getting at rather as haeing a go wioot kening aathing.

i never said he wisnae a valuable asset, i jist wanted tae ken mair aboot whit he dus, is dat sae bad?

likwise, if it is sae important da personal slant o it, dus it hurt tae let folk ken mair aboot him?

tae be honest, i have spoken tae a number o folk aboot dis, and da most i get are sum folk who are sympathetic tae da case in terms o thinking it wis heavy handed da way dey cam and took him, but naeboady i've spoken tae supports da campaign, or is even bothered by it aa, dey're jist nae interested. he disna actually hae dat big an impact on da community on a hale, tae be honest

Interesting observation but find this a bit hard to believe given my own personal expereinces over the past three weeks. But you never know.....

as fir dis, i never said dat dis wis da majority/minority or any kinda ority. it's simply da case o da folk i've spoken tae.

too be fair davie, personally i feel dat dis should have been at most a private message as dis is also an attack against sam.

regardless of whit he did, i dinna ken him or whit his motives are/were, whether honourable or disruptive, but i do think dat dis post is no better dan whit you accuse him of.

i don't know whit dis email you refer to wis or whitever, but a public forum is not da place to voice this.

you may well be tired (lang trip and aa dat) and emotional, but dis could've and should've been handled differently

8O

Sorry could not agree less. Such a despicable act associated with a public campaign deserves public advertising. I could have gone much further I can assure you, but have chosen to ask him to think again and consider what he is doing and risking by such an approach.