Deportation - Apparently A Debate Thread?? :?

Njugle

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. A fairly hefty explosion in this thread overnight.

RE: The Davie and Sam points...

Davie's original post did outline what I have been thinking for the past few days/weeks...that Sam is posting these comments in an attempt to get a rise out of other people. Whether that is true, only Sam will really know. As for this email that has been sent, Davie seems pretty certain it was Sam sending the email, whereas Sam denies it...the "rock and a hard place" scenario comes to mind. It's maybe time to take that issue to PM guys to sort out what is actually going on.

RE: Peeriesooky

I'm asking nicely here, could you please kick the Shetland dialect typing whilst posting in the more "serious" threads on the forum?

Wow. A fairly hefty explosion in this thread overnight.

RE: The Davie and Sam points...

Davie's original post did outline what I have been thinking for the past few days/weeks...that Sam is posting these comments in an attempt to get a rise out of other people. Whether that is true, only Sam will really know. As for this email that has been sent, Davie seems pretty certain it was Sam sending the email, whereas Sam denies it...the "rock and a hard place" scenario comes to mind. It's maybe time to take that issue to PM guys to sort out what is actually going on.

RE: Peeriesooky

I'm asking nicely here, could you please kick the Shetland dialect typing whilst posting in the more "serious" threads on the forum?

i shall du my best :)

i huv never claimed dat da folk i huv spoken tae dat are not bothered aboot da campaign are too scared tae join here and voice der ain opinions, but rather dey are too busy demselves tae waste time coming on here tae discuss sumthing dat disna interest dem.

Interested enough to discuss the issues strongly with you so you can voice their opinion for them - but not bothered about the campaign. Too scared to join here - but not scared enough to claim their views are being silenced by the majority. Too busy to bother anyway, even for doing one post to publicly submit their opinion anonymously and again of no interest to them. Sorry I may be missing the point but none o this adds up to me!!!! If they are not interested why not just leave them out of it and put forward your own views and stop hinding behind their's all the time.

whit are u sae suspicious o?

I rest my case.

wi dis wan post (well alang wi da wan aimed at sam) u have gone way doon in my estimation davie as dis comes accross as affy arrogant.

Whitever du tinks peeriesookie. But here's somthing more arrogant then........ I would be happy to debate issues if they are worthwhile and of any merit whatsoever. I clearly know which side I am on and why. but to be honest what i have read to date here from the so called (maybe, maybe not) anti side is a total heap of worthless drivel (although I do have definate sympathies with Vailron if he is saying what I think he is) and I only have two regrets and one observation to arrogantly leave you with:

I regret I took the bait in the first place and even bothered to speak up against you guys in the first instance but, rather than stir things up as you suggest, I felt I was merely answering back against a totally unreasonable and in my opinion worthless 'debate'. I should have know better but I dont regret anything said - tired or not.

I regret that a real person with real feelings and emotions and living in our real and thankfully largely caring community (who by the way is NOT hogging any limelight - he only goes where he is invited) is being played with in this fashion for cheap 'debating' thrills and mischief making. No doubt he and those close to him will read this and I can only remind him, and them, that set against the OVERWHELMING support from the larger part of the community these kind of singular, vitriolic views are not even worth giving the time of day too. Have your 'anti' views if you will, they will exist and you are very much entitled to them and in the right context none of us would have any problem with that including Sakchai (remember he expected those and much more on his original return but nothing of any consequence materialised) but these views are petty and of no merit and add nothing of any worth to any real debate. Not that there has been one to date, although as I say I do have sympathies with Vailron.

And finally I am ASHAMED that anybody reading this, especially from outside Shetland, might, even for one second, think that ANY of these views in any way represent any kind of majority 'anti' feeling in Shetland. I am very hopeful however they will not see it like that and,like most of us, treat them and this with the utter contempt they and it deserves. Its just a pity you have been given such a high profile public platform to spout them from - but thankfully that is democracy for you and thanks to the boys of Shetlink for quite rightly controlling the worst of them to date.

u have dun an affy lot o good wirk sae far fir da campaign, but u have seriously soured disel wi dis

Dont worry I can live with that

i'm no against da campaign, but nor am i blinded tae whit ithers think, but der wis nae need fir ony o dis danite davie.
8O

and whit wis da point o coming on dis thread tae stir things up, jist tae b****r aff again wance dat hus bin done?

As i have said the reason that i b******d aff as you so eloquently put it is that the content of your so called debate had today sunk, in my humble opinion, to new levels of worthlessness and depravity and was no longer even worth giving the time of day to to read let alone answer. As I say I have no problem at all with anti-views but these were something else altogether and forgive me if I choose to totally ignore them and anyone posting them from now on in.

I am not looking at everything through rose coloured glasses in my opinion nor am I saying that Satch is a saint but next to some of you guys he is Mother Teresa.

Yours arrogantly and proud of it.........

DavieG, Let me put your mind at rest, I have been following this thread daily from The Mainland and I can see the TREMENDOUS support in Shetland and also on the Mainland for the Sakchai campaign. He is a very well thought of young man. The only impression that I ever get by reading Sam's posts are that he is not anti Sakchai but, is anti anyone that is trying to help anyone else! He loves to have a dig at anyone but oh how I wish he'd consult a dictionary before posting! His spelling is that of a 5 year old!. Many of his comments however fit that age group too! I think now that most people are skipping his quotes and not even wasting their time reading them. I know that I certainly am and I hope I speak for most. Just ignore all comments and concentrate on the real issues and the fight ahead.

Well done to EVERYONE who is campaigning heartily for Sakchai. Keep up the good work. And Sam's word is only heard if you let it be heard. IGNORE!

DavieG, Let me put your mind at rest, I have been following this thread daily from The Mainland and I can see the TREMENDOUS support in Shetland and also on the Mainland for the Sakchai campaign. He is a very well thought of young man. The only impression that I ever get by reading Sam's posts are that he is not anti Sakchai but, is anti anyone that is trying to help anyone else! He loves to have a dig at anyone but oh how I wish he'd consult a dictionary before posting! His spelling is that of a 5 year old!. Many of his comments however fit that age group too! I think now that most people are skipping his quotes and not even wasting their time reading them. I know that I certainly am and I hope I speak for most. Just ignore all comments and concentrate on the real issues and the fight ahead.

Well done to EVERYONE who is campaigning heartily for Sakchai. Keep up the good work. And Sam's word is only heard if you let it be heard. IGNORE!

Before you carry on with the spelling comments, he has mentioned before that he is dyslexic.

Before you carry on with the spelling comments, he has mentioned before that he is dyslexic.

So am I. Spell checkers are amazing things.

thanks for working out im not an anti satch - im not.

so i have made mistakes - and i have said sorry if i got it wrong.

most of the coments i have made have been for both sides of the story - they are both sides!

a lot of this commets have been reactive to someone pumping up the facts, and i tryed to get them to stay on the ground.

the team, who ever they are, are doing a great job, and i realy do hope its works out the best way for everyone.

Thanks Tomblands, Now I know exactly who he is! Now I'm not at all surprised at his comments! Say no more! As I said before.....best Ignored.

thanks for working out im not an anti satch - im not.

so i have made mistakes - and i have said sorry if i got it wrong.

most of the coments i have made have been for both sides of the story - they are both sides!

a lot of this commets have been reactive to someone pumping up the facts, and i tryed to get them to stay on the ground.

the team, who ever they are, are doing a great job, and i realy do hope its works out the best way for everyone.

Yes Sam I can see you are not anti Sakchai but I have to say reading all your posts that you have flung a few swords that would have been better not flung! I do not see this is the place to air your personal grievances. Reading between all the lines that is all it looks like.

if you are really concerned about the governments stance on deportation, can i point you in the direction of ncadc.org.uk here you will find plenty of folk that are not your close friends that also need your help and support. go on prove you really are concerned with the governments stance on deportation, by adding your support to someone you do not know