Shetland News

Frances144

Some aspects of Shetland culture are still in the 1960's.

Why is it that the "luxourious" toilets in toon aren't open today?

And why have they turned off the hot water?

Today is a public holiday. So my guess is the toilet attendant is not working today. The same may well be the case for tomorrow too.

I didn't realise this was a Shetland culture issue. Do non-essential council staff in other areas have to work public holidays over the festive season?

The toilets cost enough to build, so i can't see the problem with paying a bit extra to keep them open.

Maybe you should put your suggestion to Mr Buchan. He may well be better equipped to 'see the problem' as he has been spending his time on finding ways to save the council money.

The toilets cost enough to build, so i can't see the problem with paying a bit extra to keep them open.

Maybe you should put your suggestion to Mr Buchan. He may well be better equipped to 'see the problem' as he has been spending his time on finding ways to save the council money.

Yea - Buchan cuid hae dune a shift bog cleanin da day - he's weel osed wi cleaning up sh1t hits been left ahint bi idders