Co-op

Malcolm

Guest posiedon

We were in Tesco last Saturday (wifes choice) and half the shelves were empty, we had to go to the Co-op to finish our shoping :) They had everything we needed. :)

Going to the Coop just now feels like they've given up.
That is exactly how it feels to me. Big bad Tesco has arrived so the Co-Op must roll over and die. Truth is they have a loyal customer base nationwide based on their status as not being big business, they have a range of great products that Tesco does not stock and of course a "membership" card rather than a "clubcard". But they, at least in Lerwick, have a car park that is a disgrace and seem hell bent on cutting staff which means already poor service is getting even worse. Need to start improving there store or give up now and sell the place to Lidl.

Staff reductions aside I think Lidl would be fantastic for savvy shoppers.

Charging 90p an onion in the Coop compared to a bag of 6 for less in Lidl just amazes me.

I'm not sure of coop prices back home but certainly here in Edinburgh they extract the urine.

The Shetland Coop has always had a different pace to it but sadly never an appealing one.