King George V park

JustMe

GRASS GOT CUT TODAY. WONDERFUL JOB - GOLDERS NOT IN SIGHT

WILL BE OPEN SOON I HOPE

Yes, my night is sorted! I'm off on the chute & swings. In fairness to the council, I've seen workers working pretty late on the park and it has come on leaps and bounds in the past week or so.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe so but that boggin bus and delapidated hoose that used to be there did my head in. The boat and truck there now are geared towards 3 + i would say, any younger and they're eating the stones rather than playing on the equipment anyway. :D

Aye you're maybe right, just hope it ain't all vandalised a la Hayfield. Dunno why they persist with that high tech bouncy flooring stuff, it's already being lifted up around the edges from sheer exuberance. Grass was good enough for us as kids although some Shirt and Tie from the council probably carried out a risk assessment and found otherwise.

Damn good stuff for bairns 5+ i would say though.

Just say you work for the council and you're conducting "weight tolerance" tests. Hehe. :P

I went out a few nights ago after a few pints at Baroc. I had a cracking time! Good to see the chute has a bit of pace. I remember the 'chute of death' - where the empty quarter is. It was red, really really easy to fall off and damn high. Does anyone remember that?

I am so glad I was an 80s kid. No health and safety regulations - well little of them. When you went out for a play, you knew you'd end up with, at the very least, a badly skinned knee/or challenged to a scrap in the playpark. Not to mention 'deathrides' on the swings. Nowadays, those playparks are just too safe. I broke my collarbone on the ol' chute and it was brilliant fun.

Just say you work for the council and you're conducting "weight tolerance" tests. Hehe. :P

I went out a few nights ago after a few pints at Baroc. I had a cracking time! Good to see the chute has a bit of pace. I remember the 'chute of death' - where the empty quarter is. It was red, really really easy to fall off and damn high. Does anyone remember that?

I am so glad I was an 80s kid. No health and safety regulations - well little of them. When you went out for a play, you knew you'd end up with, at the very least, a badly skinned knee/or challenged to a scrap in the playpark. Not to mention 'deathrides' on the swings. Nowadays, those playparks are just too safe. I broke my collarbone on the ol' chute and it was brilliant fun.

I remember that chute! It really did look menaceing when I was peerie. I remember it being scarey on it as well! seemed so high and steep, took ages to climb up and sure it had no side defenders near the bottom! Great days!

I remember that chute! It really did look menaceing when I was peerie. I remember it being scarey on it as well! seemed so high and steep, took ages to climb up and sure it had no side defenders near the bottom! Great days!

They barely had any side defenders! I seem to think they were maybe about half a foot hight and the actual chute was about 30 cm wide. I did enjoy it... it was ridiculously fast if you put ur jumper under your bum. I also loved the stone foundations it had, so if u did fall, you'd really hurt urself.

Yeah I remember that chute. I also remember getting to the top of those steps only for some younger kid deciding he or she was to scared to go down. The amount of times I had to walk back down because of that!

Can anyone remember if anyone got hurt on that chute? i remember kids crying because they slid off the end, but I cant remember anyone actualy getting hurt.