Stormshield Roof Coatings

Doodle

Has anyone else tried StormShield roof (or wall) coatings? I've been having a lot of trouble with them and was wondering if I'm the only one.

They did my roof about a month back, but haven't been back to finish the job. They haven't finished off the edges, and because the coats were spread so thinly the colour is very patchy (they will tell you about roofs that they've done which look good - I've found out since then that some of these people bought the coating themselves, so the correct amount was applied - if you haven't already bought the stuff they put a couple of very thin coats on and it looks patchy and uneven).

Not only that, but when they were doing the work they broke two tiles (at least two - hopefully no more than that), and after cleaning the roof the rest of the house was left covered in the dirt that had been washed off the roof.

They seem to be very difficult to get hold of to find out why they haven't been back to finish the job, which means that their '10 year guarantee' doesn't seem very reassuring...

Has anyone else had problems with them?

I think that website is for a different company - there seem to be a few throughout the UK with that name, or a similar version of it.

They've promised to be back to finish the job before the weekend - hopefully I won't have to go as far as contacting trading standards (but I will if they keep messing me around).

Has anybody else had any dealings with them?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Stormshield turned upon our doorstep yesterday keen to sell us their wall & roof coatings. The comments were enough to persuade us not to proceed.

Their leaflet states that they "don't expect payment until customer is 100% satisfied".

Hopefully Doodle hasn't parted with any money yet - it sounds as if there is still a way to go before he's happy.