3 Live Bands @ The North Star 12/08/06

Alan

The North Star presents 3 of Shetland's top live bands on Saturday 12th August.

RAGE AGAINST THE WASHING MACHINE

JUNK DE LUXE

JUVENILE DELINQUENTS

Doors at 10pm (No admission allowed after midnight)

3am Licence

£7 at the door

www.thenorthstar.co.uk

I'm afraid the Bees gig was just proving to be too expensive for us to put on.

The straw that broke the camels back was the attendance at the Roddy Woomble/Hazey Janes/Family Mahone gig which really made me decide that the Bees were too much of a risk to put on.

I hope we can get a decent crowd for the local talent who will be playing instead.

It is very unfortunate, i was really looking forward to seeing them myself. The new material on their myspace site sounds great.

I tried to get Shetland Arts to take over the gig, but unfortunately they have the Fiddle Frenzy event on at the same time.

What kind of capacity does the Loft in Kinloss have? I was thinking of putting a band on there before they travel up to Shetland.

I've never been to a gig at The Loft, but the HI-Arts site gives its capacity as 150 standing which fits with the description of "narrow and long" I was given by a colleague.

The Universal Hall in Findhorn is pretty popular around these parts too, I'm going to see Roddy Woomble there tomorrow night so I can give a better description of it after that.

I've never been to a gig at The Loft, but the HI-Arts site gives its capacity as 150 standing which fits with the description of "narrow and long" I was given by a colleague.

The Loft is "narrow and long" its right up in the ... errr... loft! Its a very cool venue. Saw The Grim Northern Social there in Feb 2005 - great gig. Photos in link below, last one will give you some idea of the venue

http://vocoustic.sarcoptic.net/votos.php?album=thegns&page=2

Andy 8O

The Universal Hall in Findhorn it quite something. It's on the Findhorn Foundation which - I understand - is some kind of commune type thing.

The venue can apparently sit 600, which I think would be a very tight squeeze. It's quite unique I think, the band are on the floor with the seating surrounding them on 3 sides so there is no "stage" to speak of.

It's maybe not suited for heavier acts due to the lack of a stage, but still a fine venue (if you can get over the odd "80's holiday camp" feel of the Foundation).

The line-up for this gig is now:

Rage Against The Washing Machine

Firebird (replacing Junk Deluxe)

Juvenile Delinquents

Beasthead (new addition to bill)

This is the first time we have had local bands in the North Star for a while, so hopefully we can get a decent turn-out to support them.