SIC Housing - Tenant Satisfaction Survey.

Ghostrider

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is this survey likely to be meaningful and worthwhile?

• Yes (SIC Tenant)
    • Yes (Not SIC Tenant)
    • No (SIC Tenant)
    • No (Not SIC Tenant)
    • Undecided/Don't Know (SIC Tenant)
    • Undecided/Don't Know (Not SIC Tenant)
    • Couldn't care less (SIC Tenant)
    • Couldn't care less (Not SIC Tenant)

"^ Thanks. A witness has been secured, and I am working on the possibilities of perhaps recording as well."

Recording is quite easy these days, do not however forget to tell all people that 'phone you that you are recording.

Some callers may hang up or you could find that attitudes change towards you and politeness may be used.

A "satisfaction survey" that was aimed to produce meaningful results would have to be anonymous as tenants might be inclined to hold back on the truth if they thought saying something bad could harm their chances of getting repairs done, new heating, a move or whatever.

And really the tenants should have been able to contribute questions before the survey was compiled.  "Do you think SIC Housing wastes money and how" might have been an interesting example.

Wella....Still here, for now, but in case it all goes t*ts up very soon, a bit of backstory....

Over 15 years ago I had the misfortune of a shotgun move in to SIC Housing accomodation. The first 13 years were singularly unremarkable punctuated with minor incidents of questionable competence on their part.

Now, I have a few disabilities and have had them since a while before moving in, originating from an unfortunate encounter back in the day which did a number frying chunks of my central nervous system, and which in the present amounts nothing more than not  being able to walk all that far and preferring to avoid using the phone or get in to spoken conversations of any length, as both can become quite physically painful from the residual nerve damage I still have.

Housing have known this from day one, considering it was the sole reason I was shotgunned in to one of their's in the first place, and have been reminded of the fact that is how I am whenever appropriate since - not that they ever showed any interest in the fact. Sooo....fast forward to two years ago, and purely by coincidence at approx the same time as I invited unlinked to install herself on my couch as my guest, my Housing Benefit came up for renewal. I had a look at re-applying, and my situation, and decided as I could identify a means at that time from which I could cover my rent etc costs I wasn't going to bother with all the palaver and conditions that goes with applying and getting the benefit, for then anyway. Seemed legit, after all claiming ain't compulsory, and its only money.

Now, between the time the benefit expired and I got things sorted out with what I was going to do, inevitably a few weeks arrears built up, which resulted in an excitable little chap from Housing turning up on my doorstep after office hours on a Friday night, and promptly throwing a tantrum when it became apparent nobody was about to say "Yes, sir, no, sir, three bags full, sir" to the things he said "had" to be done. From then on out things have gone down faster than a bungee jumper, despite promptly clearing the arrears that had brought the excitable one to my doorstep once I'd verified the amount by then due, and causing no trouble and keeping on making reasonably regularly rent payment most of the time since, any and every attempt to claim from Housing any "extra" the tenancy agreement says I am entitled to claim has been met with a virtual brick wall. So, I gave up trying.

Fast forward to present, and apparently from what I've managed to gather so far, the fact that I have chosen not to make a fresh claim as yet for Housing Benefit, must somehow bring my sanity in to question....okay, so some might do that anyway, but over choosing not to claim a benefit, please.... and, that somehow I am "uncontactable" on the basis that they claim they organised one "home visit" that failed to go through, as I only became aware of it after the fact, despite having informed them a number of times over the years only to contact me in writing, and my having emailed them several times in the past, and them never ever used email to contact me back.....and that just because no Housing Officer had seen me in person for a while (regardless that plenty of other folk and council workmen visiting to do repairs have), that somehow there was doubts that I did actually exist and was conscious and functional....bet a few on here wish I wasn't ;-) .....and that letters written by me, might not actually be from me, as they'd been typed....ummm....I've never sent the SIC or anyone else a letter that wasn't typed since before 1993, years before I became their tenant....and that just because from time to time I ask someone to do things on my behalf at I presume a shop, PO or whatever, as its easier than getting there myself, that somehow they must be doing it without my knowledge or permission.....there's a lot more of it, but sod this turd, if you're still with me, you've gotten the gist.

Anyhow, to the right now, seems I have to meet Housing people on my doorstep on a set day and time chosen by Housing, and I must "discuss" with them.....something, I'm not entirely sure what, as the reason they cite doesn't exist....or they'll come back 24 hours later with the battering ram - remember, walking and talking can quickly become very painful to me if the old fried nerves decide they're having an off day, hence having reminded them often of the need to communicate in writing unless in exceptional circumstances, so not sure how they figure a "discussion" is going to happen any better after the battering ram than any other time if its an "off" day. Then at an unknown time later, the backup force from Social Services is being threatened, apparently that's being driven by the not claiming benefit thing.....or maybe its by this fictional assumptions that I suddenly lost my ability to type (okay, so some would say I never had the ability to type ever) two years ago, and that just because I trust a few to do some of my business on my behalf, I can't be aware or consent to it.....

Of course, the fact that I'd let a few weeks rent money build up due (hey, it was winter, I was busy, hibernating, and it kinda slipped), which I brought fully up to date when I received their final demand, was immediately prior to this full frontal assault is of course purely coincidental.

The moral of this story, maybe its don't dare not claim a benefit you might be entitled to, or maybe its don't invite someone to stay on your couch as a guest, or maybe its don't dare be disabled and expect not to get with the program.... I guess its a good job there's no patio, or they'd have been here and dug it up before now, or would they.  Meanwhile I'm too busy deciding whether cuffs or a strait jacket are more my style - I'm leaning towards the cuffs, but not sure they're really my kink.

Wella....Still here, for now, but in case it all goes t*ts up very soon, a bit of backstory....

Over 15 years ago I had the misfortune of a shotgun move in to SIC Housing accomodation. The first 13 years were singularly unremarkable punctuated with minor incidents of questionable competence on their part.

Now, I have a few disabilities and have had them since a while before moving in, originating from an unfortunate encounter back in the day which did a number frying chunks of my central nervous system, and which in the present amounts nothing more than not  being able to walk all that far and preferring to avoid using the phone or get in to spoken conversations of any length, as both can become quite physically painful from the residual nerve damage I still have.

Housing have known this from day one, considering it was the sole reason I was shotgunned in to one of their's in the first place, and have been reminded of the fact that is how I am whenever appropriate since - not that they ever showed any interest in the fact. Sooo....fast forward to two years ago, and purely by coincidence at approx the same time as I invited unlinked to install herself on my couch as my guest, my Housing Benefit came up for renewal. I had a look at re-applying, and my situation, and decided as I could identify a means at that time from which I could cover my rent etc costs I wasn't going to bother with all the palaver and conditions that goes with applying and getting the benefit, for then anyway. Seemed legit, after all claiming ain't compulsory, and its only money.

Now, between the time the benefit expired and I got things sorted out with what I was going to do, inevitably a few weeks arrears built up, which resulted in an excitable little chap from Housing turning up on my doorstep after office hours on a Friday night, and promptly throwing a tantrum when it became apparent nobody was about to say "Yes, sir, no, sir, three bags full, sir" to the things he said "had" to be done. From then on out things have gone down faster than a bungee jumper, despite promptly clearing the arrears that had brought the excitable one to my doorstep once I'd verified the amount by then due, and causing no trouble and keeping on making reasonably regularly rent payment most of the time since, any and every attempt to claim from Housing any "extra" the tenancy agreement says I am entitled to claim has been met with a virtual brick wall. So, I gave up trying.

Fast forward to present, and apparently from what I've managed to gather so far, the fact that I have chosen not to make a fresh claim as yet for Housing Benefit, must somehow bring my sanity in to question....okay, so some might do that anyway, but over choosing not to claim a benefit, please.... and, that somehow I am "uncontactable" on the basis that they claim they organised one "home visit" that failed to go through, as I only became aware of it after the fact, despite having informed them a number of times over the years only to contact me in writing, and my having emailed them several times in the past, and them never ever used email to contact me back.....and that just because no Housing Officer had seen me in person for a while (regardless that plenty of other folk and council workmen visiting to do repairs have), that somehow there was doubts that I did actually exist and was conscious and functional....bet a few on here wish I wasn't ;-) .....and that letters written by me, might not actually be from me, as they'd been typed....ummm....I've never sent the SIC or anyone else a letter that wasn't typed since before 1993, years before I became their tenant....and that just because from time to time I ask someone to do things on my behalf at I presume a shop, PO or whatever, as its easier than getting there myself, that somehow they must be doing it without my knowledge or permission.....there's a lot more of it, but sod this turd, if you're still with me, you've gotten the gist.

Anyhow, to the right now, seems I have to meet Housing people on my doorstep on a set day and time chosen by Housing, and I must "discuss" with them.....something, I'm not entirely sure what, as the reason they cite doesn't exist....or they'll come back 24 hours later with the battering ram - remember, walking and talking can quickly become very painful to me if the old fried nerves decide they're having an off day, hence having reminded them often of the need to communicate in writing unless in exceptional circumstances, so not sure how they figure a "discussion" is going to happen any better after the battering ram than any other time if its an "off" day. Then at an unknown time later, the backup force from Social Services is being threatened, apparently that's being driven by the not claiming benefit thing.....or maybe its by this fictional assumptions that I suddenly lost my ability to type (okay, so some would say I never had the ability to type ever) two years ago, and that just because I trust a few to do some of my business on my behalf, I can't be aware or consent to it.....

Of course, the fact that I'd let a few weeks rent money build up due (hey, it was winter, I was busy, hibernating, and it kinda slipped), which I brought fully up to date when I received their final demand, was immediately prior to this full frontal assault is of course purely coincidental.

The moral of this story, maybe its don't dare not claim a benefit you might be entitled to, or maybe its don't invite someone to stay on your couch as a guest, or maybe its don't dare be disabled and expect not to get with the program.... I guess its a good job there's no patio, or they'd have been here and dug it up before now, or would they.  Meanwhile I'm too busy deciding whether cuffs or a strait jacket are more my style - I'm leaning towards the cuffs, but not sure they're really my kink.

Oh dear this does not make good reading Ghostie what are they going to do force you to take benefits?

You're up to date with your rent.

You are not sub-letting the property without permission

You are not doing anything 'illegal'

Listen politely to what they have to say and ask them just what business is it of theirs.

Tell them (nicely) to sod off or you will sue them for harassment.

Put them on the 'back foot'

Now the question is, is this really Ghosty writing the above, how do we know :-) it could be someone who's stolen his identity. The housing might have a point.

Jesus Ghostie, I can't believe our council has so little to do then to hassle folk who just want to do their own thing. It seems that if your not claiming every penny then you are seen as suspicious. Now if your front door is draughty, let them bash it in, then they will have to replace it with one which should be wind and water tight.

It's a sad day when our "so called" officials resort to threats and scare mongering of our elderly and disabled residents, which only proves to me that they are far to many seat polishers looking for things to fill their day.

^ Well, I think its me, lemme check in the mirror a mo.....Yeah, well it looks like me reasonably enough, unless of course its that evil twin brother of mine getting up to his old tricks again.....

Its a shame its the windows and lack of sealing around the waste pipes that lets in most of the draughts, not the door. Suppose I might get them persuaded to take out the worst of the windows on their way in, but the pipes are going to be more difficult to swing.

You're up to date with your rent.

You are not sub-letting the property without permission

You are not doing anything 'illegal'

Listen politely to what they have to say and ask them just what business is it of theirs.

Tell them (nicely) to sod off or you will sue them for harassment.

Put them on the 'back foot'

Correct on all of the first three. No criminal record either (lets not mention motoring ones though), that seems to get a tenant the "pretty" treatment automatically.

This approach in a letter seems to have given them cause to to pause and reconsider their strategy for the mo, but you could well be right that it needs to be delivered in person for maximum effect.

would you be willing to have them in. i know its a pain and a waste of time but sometimes its easier to just go with it. think of them as a council workman .

do you know your local Councillor this must warrant there attention. was there not something  about them visiting every tenant just before christmas. i could well be wrong.

i understand where your coming from. but if your needs are not being met by them then make them meet them.  if they can be a pain  then do the same. don't let the beggers bother you. its just not the usual customer so it sets their bells ringing. 

if the social work are involved then they must be worried for you. once they know you have not flipped they should back down. bung a retrospective benefits claim in and demand a refund. if that will shut them up. 

^ I've never claimed I won't meet with them and talk with them, as long as it for a good reason and can be done within the constraints of my inabilities. The problem is they have consistently ignored almost everything I've ever told them to date about them, and seem to expect me to make myself available at the drop of a hat for whatever they dictate "must" occur, regardless of the fact I cannot physically deliver on most of them. Councillor not really an option, choice between either the unavailable, or being in Housing's pocket. May well have been some visiting plan, but I've never heard of it, or been aware of it. This has no connection with any such plan as far as I've been made aware.

Its trying to get my needs/wants met that has largely led to this, its difficult to "make" them do anything they don't want to do when their MO is constant stalling tactics. Any concern on Social Services part are as far as I can tell, is wholly as a result of the collected assumptions of erroneous jumped to conclusions made by Housing on the strength of minimal evidence. It takes a lot of time and work to break down such a wall, especially when Social Services apparently having a default setting of swallowing hook, line and sinker such "internal" material, regardless of its accuracy.

At the end of the day I see it as I'm buying a service off them, a specified piece of accomodation for a specified period, and I expect to receive that, and only that. Like any other vendor if they have an issue with my paying for it, they have the same avenues to pursue it as any other vendor. I am not their servant, nor are they my mother, and I resent and object them attempting to act as if both were the case.