Where to eat at Glasgow airport

ng7627

Staying overnight at Glasgow airport at the end of the month prior to an early flight. Looking for recommendations on places to have a decent evening meal. Only getting into Glasgow at 6.30 so don't want to trek around Glasgow centre looking for are to eat with 4 suitcases. Thanks in advance.

I think you are stuck with the outlets at the airport or your hotel if you want to sit in a restaurant. The only time I had to spend a night at the airport, which was about 10 years ago, there was a list of takeaways nearby in the room that delivered. I ordered an indian that was one of the best I've had. They delivered to the hotel.

If you're staying in the Premier Inn at the airport they have a large menu, the food and price is good, I've heard it's not unusual for non residents to use it, it's always been very busy when I've been so I'd book early. Holiday Inn express menu is limited, the Holiday inn menu has more choice but is on the expensive side and seems to be going down this various types of burger road which is not to my taste. There's also a Wetherspoons before security called "The Sandpiper" at the airport (I've never been so can't comment) all menu's can be googled.

All are within short walking distance of the airport (although if you're walking to the Premier Inn I'd phone them and ask for directions, there's a way that avoids busy roads and car parks but it's not an obvious route, most residents use the Shuttle bus.)

Edited by Capeesh

^^^Edit..I wouldn't drag suitcases on foot to the Premier Inn, it's the furthest away from the airport although it's not far and is walkable, it's not signposted, you could end up in a car park with no way out apart from the way you entered, or on a dual carriageway with no pavements. The Premier inn staff will know the walking route it's well trodden, but not normally used.

Wetherspoons Sandpiper in the airport does decent enough pub grub - we usually eat there rather than the hotels at it's much cheaper. The Premier Inn food has always been delicious but it's often very busy with residents.

We usually get breakfast after security in the Beardmore restaurant if on an early flight.

Edited by wabbit

Were staying at the Holiday Inn but arriving in Glasgow by train so thought we would just get the airport bus out and drop off suitcases at the hotel.Will probably be 7pm by then. Is it far from Holiday Inn to the Premier Inn?

Nope, it's about a 5 to10 minute walk, I can see the route I used to get there on google maps, if your facing the Holiday inn from the front of the airport turn left and follow the pavements till you reach the roundabout.

At this point you will see the green BP sign which is the garage right next door to the Premier inn, there's a carpark under the white cart viaduct on Campsie drive and you can actually see a path between the trees on google maps where hundreds of feet have trodden to cut through the carpark to the exit across the road from the garage/Premier inn.

Edited by Capeesh

• 4 weeks later...