What Policies would you adhere to?

Twerto

So, Tony Blair should be sent to Iraq to face war crimes? In what court? The one that the new fledgling (though admittedly faltering) democracy has allowed to exist? Or one of Saddam's famously balanced and fair courts of yesteryear in which, basically, you're guilty if he says so?

There's the option of bringing him before the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

1. Legalise and tax all recreational drugs with levels set according to the 'relative risk' table detailed in the House of Commons Select Comittee's report on UK drug policies.

2. Use the money raised from 1 to provide honest, trustworthy education on the subject; provide rehab, health care (physical and mental) and support for those having problems with any drug, including alcohol and tobacco.

3. Increased research into, and use of, renewable energy sources.

4. Reduce 'car culture' by encouraging teleworking, car-sharing, public transport. Also boost the efficiency of vehicles and encourage alternative fuel sources. Make the driving test more difficult.

5. Stop producing plastic bits of crap; e.g. McDonalds toys, Kinder Eggs, magazine 'freebies' and other cheap, plastic sharn that nobody really wants.

Do I have to stop at 5....?

Bang goes Chinas economy :o

Not really since, if we follow my first recommendation, they can grow pharmaceutical grade opium, cannabis and cocaine for use in medicine instead. Better for the environment and the by-products of these things are also useful; paper and cloth spring to mind.

Hemp seeds can be made into flour and, even... get this... plastic!

1) I heard on Radio Scotland the other day that Norway has filtered much of its oil revenues into a fund that will allow pensioners to have a decent income for eternity, so that seems good to me. Not that they will live for eternity, now that would be quite something.

2) Scrap Trident, an outdated form of deterrent for the 21st century. Saved billions to be spent on...

3) Regeneration of the thousands of hellholes that pollute Scotand with poverty, unemployment, and crime. Within a generation standards of living and education in these areas would improve beyond recognition.

4) De-criminalisation of drugs. Heard yesterday about Switzerland after it de-criminalised heroin a few years back - not one death by overdose since. Clean needles, proper education. Money earned through taxation to be spent on rehab in poorer areas and retraining.

5) Ban religion. Just so that I could be chased out of office after a fun but brief few days as PM by hoardes of misguided fools with strange smiles and retire back to my peerie flat, spark up, and watch greedy folk greet on Deal or No Deal.

The policies I would put forward would change whether I was a councillor, MSP, MP or MEP. People have different ideas about the society they want to be part of and there are multiple paths to these results. the policies would depend on how a candidate feels these things would be achieved.

For Example: There is no point voting in a councillor who wants nuclear disarmament because an MP is in a better position to implement that, and the councillor would be better if he focused on say, improvement to the efficiency of the local transport system or protection of cultural diversity.

Then again these things aren't really policies, they are pretty universal, and probably too long term for Britain's political cycle, what about an MP who wants to 'improve the effect our current foreign policy decisions have on under developed countries,' would that get a vote? Probably not, he needs to actually translate that into something that government would do 'the tightening up of immigration!' Hardly. Then again what 'effect' does he want?

I will think up a list.