Climate Change & Global Warming

Atomic

How important is Global Warming to you in the Grand Scheme of Things?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How important is Global Warming to you in the Grand Scheme of Things?

• Give me a break, I've enough on my plate
    • I suppose there's something in it, but it's for the Politicians/Corporations/Those in power to sort out
    • Yes I think it is important and I try to do my bit.
    • If we don't stop it, the Planet dies in a few years, it's as simple as that.
    • I think it is all hype and not half as bad as they make out
    • I don't know what to think

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

OMG; not "man made global warming deniers" :shock: :shock:

http://www.spiked-online.com/index.php?/site/article/1782/

And all this from the same peer review system that will tell you that the Earth goes around the sun because empty space got bent, LOL, LOL, LOL.

Don't worry AT they'll make sure we all have to pay up anyway but if they think were all going to bow to their Orwellian doublespeak B.S and soak up every lie they spin then they're pissing up the proverbial wall.

The climate will change as it sees fit, with or without us.

The climate will change as it sees fit, with or without us.

Probably the most sensible think I have read about climate change for a while. I mind hearing somewhere that the reason for all the climate change research was that scientists wondered why the climate was not the same now as they remembered it when they were young. The climate is always changing. Remember Shetland was covered in ice 12,000 years ago, a mere blink of an eye in the earth's history.

Indeed. By the same fervant hysteria and logic applied to climate change why are we not arguing our own Sun will eventually swallow Earth as it expands into a red dwarf - why aren't we doing something to get off this rock!? Why aren't we moving off this rock now dammit?!!! ... Grrr! :wink:

I don't deny there are changes afoot all around us. I do have to question though how much we are fed is economically driven! + how very little we really understand about how our own Sun and placement within our solar system and wider celestial setting is actually catalysing much of this?!

Should one or several super volcanoes decide to have a burp all this current "man-made" apocalyptic doom will pale into insignificance!

I don't deny we need to live together more harmoniously with our environment than we do. . . I do deny that all that is 'green' is as it seems! Money in our now rather shoddy Fiat currency system is the only thing making our current civilisation turn.

Just to add by way of devilment.

Have you ever come across any building engineers that can actually make air conditioning function as you might expect? Nope? How can man then think he can control undulating planatery environmental changes if he can't even control the temperature in an office floor in one single building!?

I do have to question though how much we are fed is economically driven! + how very little we really understand about how our own Sun and placement within our solar system and wider celestial setting is actually catalysing much of this?!

Some might say:

The sun has reached a milestone not seen for nearly 100 years: an entire month has passed without a single visible sunspot being noted.

The event is significant as many climatologists now believe solar magnetic activity – which determines the number of sunspots -- is an influencing factor for climate on earth.

http://www.dailytech.com/Sun+Makes+History+First+Spotless+Month+in+a+Century/article12823.htm

Some were hinting at it way back...

{Extracted from:

-The Norwegian Aurora Polaris Expedition 1902-1903

By Kristian_Birkeland

Volume 1: On the Cause of Magnetic Storms and The Origin of Terrestrial Magnetism

Section 2. Chapter VI (published 1913)}

http://www.plasma-universe.com/index.php/Texts:On_Possible_Electric_Phenomena_in_Solar_Systems_and_Nebulae

^^ See, I buy into this more readily than I do the red-top dirge that many seem to fall into! Again I'm still not saying we 'as in our current Western society' shouldn't be "more-at-one" with our environment .. but there really are larger economic drivers as to why and how we are where we are!

That and the fact that most if not all reports on 'environmental' issues do not take into account factors that we as a 'human race' don't even comprehend yet! Well, not at a commercial bottom of the hierarchical pile anyroad!

^^ While I accept your post there - I do question anything anyway that is printed by the Guardian. This same story was also printed in the Telegraph.

Headline to pull peoples heads and fears into the story = "Arctic seas turn to acid, putting vital food chain at risk"

Then in first paragraph = "Research carried out in the archipelago of Svalbard has shown in many regions around the north pole seawater is likely to reach corrosive levels within 10 years"

^^So what is that really saying? The rest of the article is just swilling full of potentials. Besides, there is ironically no cross analysis against how 'potential' rising temperatures and rising de-salinity of the sea from the very same research centre effects this new potential carbonic acidity. The jury is still well out!

Cheers AT. Now you do know that I'm not setting myself up against you in a post for post battle, yes? :wink:

Read back over my posts in this thread for starters. The direction I'm coming from is to the viability of any of this right now - whether it be disseminiated through the Guardian or not.

Why does one suspect the US Government never joined into the Kyoto agreement way back yesteryear or whether this particular Monaco 'talking shop' won't produce diddly squat? Economics.

There are many angles to potential 'climate' change. Scientific research strives to provide evidence in several directions. My other point here is on many of these directions there are factors humans aren't adding, or able to add, purely because we as a race still don't understand fully our own planet.

I've never for a moment said that this 'Western society' we strive to keep and live within isn't possibly the most wasteful and hopeless mess ever. From that perspective anything we can do to alleviate that waste can only be a good thing - for society, but also for our wider environment. The only way that will be pushed forward though is through ecomonics. It really is a sad world!

Here's some more background info, not from the Guardian:

pdf government document on admitted experimentation on unsuspecting British populations:

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/70A71F1A-831B-4618-918E-D263384DA684/0/ZincCadmiumSulphideDispersionTrials.pdf

The climatic impacts of the scheme also remain uncertain. A study that simulated the injection of sulphate-aerosol precursors into the stratosphere using a General Circulation Model found that injection at the tropics produced sustained cooling over most of the world, but also disrupted the Asian and African summer monsoons, with detrimental effects on food supply28.

The scheme could also lead to significant reductions in stratospheric ozone concentration (particularly in the Arctic)10. An additional risk is that aerosols would be washed out of the atmosphere, causing acid rain [AD5]. The effect of fallout over a few decades is likely to be small compared to the impacts of acid rain in the recent past [C32], but the magnitude of this effect still needs to be quantified

That only got out because of the freedom of information act but if they were carrying out experiments without telling people between 1940 and 1979, then what’s stopping them from doing that now? When Sue Ellison for Porton Down (where tests, carried out by government scientists, were conducted) was asked whether such tests are still being carried out, she said: 'It is not our policy to discuss ongoing research.'

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/1202/chemtrails5.jpg

There could be many reasons for the chemtrails.

Here's some background info from the Guardian:

Sunday April 21, 2002

The Ministry of Defence turned large parts of the country into a giant laboratory to conduct a series of secret germ warfare tests on the public.

A government report just released provides for the first time a comprehensive official history of Britain's biological weapons trials between 1940 and 1979.

Many of these tests involved releasing potentially dangerous chemicals and micro-organisms over vast swaths of the population without the public being told.

While details of some secret trials have emerged in recent years, the 60-page report reveals new information about more than 100 covert experiments.

The report reveals that military personnel were briefed to tell any 'inquisitive inquirer' the trials were part of research projects into weather and air pollution.

Sue Ellison, spokeswoman for Porton Down, said: 'Independent reports by eminent scientists have shown there was no danger to public health from these releases which were carried out to protect the public.

'The results from these trials_ will save lives, should the country or our forces face an attack by chemical and biological weapons.'

Asked whether such tests are still being carried out, she said: 'It is not our policy to discuss ongoing research.'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4398507,00.html

Mind you she does say eminent scientists the likes of Peter Lachmann, a scientific advisor to SmithKline Beecham so you can be sure he wont be wanting to see the public walking about aching coughing and full of allergies. :lol:

I'm sure glad I didn't have to say about this before the info was released or some folk might have thought me a kook conspiracy theorist because as we all know, everyone tells everyone else everything and like the first rule of conspiracy theories state - There never was, is or will ever be, any kind of conspiracy, of any kind, anywhere. It's just not realistic is it? :roll: