Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

the referees coped last year with the games, so with another 10 its not gonna be a problem.

its not like all the games are played on same night, A games are played monday/friday and possible one on a sat. so on a monday/friday night there would be a maximum of 5 games so i think 10 new refs plus all last seasons refs can cope with that!

plus i dont think they can refuse a match, or they just wont be allowed to referee. robbie summers couldnt refuse delting games even though he was getting ridiculous abuse from the crowd.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your right Commodore.

But I know that out of last years Refs two A-League Refs may not being doing any matches this year as one is Yell manager and one is recovering from a badly broken ankle. Robbie Summers also has retired.

I know not all the new Refs are comftable with taking charge of A-League games with some preferring to do juniors, B-League and Works League only. It has been the case that not all Refs have done A-league matches in the past and Refs have failed to turn up to matches without getting a replacement.

Their is no point getting "heavy handed" with Refs who we all NEED.

If anyone has attended a Refs association meeting they will know????

As it has been stated here before if it doesnt dry up soon then it will be nearer the middle of May before we get going, hows the pitches round the rest of Shetland looking.

Ness will have to play their early home games at Cunningsburgh for the first month and then at Boddam for the latter part of the season.

(** MOD EDIT

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.

)

Weathers fine. Pitches might be ok.

Apologies for the bluntness.

(** MOD EDIT **

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.

)

Baxter, sharpen up your inflatable axe to avoid "bluntness".

I am not surprised to hear of a successful UnstFC fundraiser. They are well organised and are supported magnificently by the general public who understand what it is to have a community football team.

If those who want Northern Rovers were to attend these fundraisers they may realise why Rovers is not the way forward for now. Perhaps they are scared someone pins a tail on them!

As for pitches, I heard that the Unst pitch is expected to be playable for the first game of the season.