Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baxter to score a goal?

No, I was just dreaming?

Dreaming? Nah, an own goal on da astroturf dis season wid be, more than realistic :wink:

the shetland times credited fraser hall so no own goal for baxter, still yet to open his account. Once one the rest will flood in, just wait and see 2015 here we come :lol: :lol:

If there are young Delts on the transfer market then surely they would be better off playing for Yell as: 1 - they are closer and 2 - their need is greater!?!?!?

Can't see Delting letting anyone go that's going to be of use to them this season but probably no harm in letting a couple of 16 yr olds go and get a years experience then take them (or ask them) back.

The Boys names probably shouldnt be revealed. Howver the reason they were going to play for unst was because they both had their own links with some Unst players.

It was a season long loan really. They may have came for a second year at most. The Boys had signed and played with Unst this season.

Then An un-named Delting Representative started in a rant that they would never play for Delting again if they played for unst!

So it doesn't look like they'll play for Unst this year.

What Nonsense! They would gain invaluable experience in A-league. They would do well to get a single game for the Delting A's. And Unst is seemingly clearly of higher standard than Delting B - Especially with the new restructuring of the Leagues.

So the Delting view on this bemuses me.

?? :o :o ??

I would say good on them for going and getting the experience o A fitba, if they cant get in the Delting team. Unst isn't the most attractive team to go for either (travel-wise i mean!). Plus good show fae Unst, that they are being pro-active about strenghtening their squad for the coming season!

Delting B may have gripes about the situation but from what i understand, the B league isn't going to be up to much this year is it?

If they are going to make the B league popular again they may have to change the recently established rule that you can only play for one club. i.e. if you play for Delting B you can only play for Delting A, rather than play for Delting B and Unst 'A' in this case scenario....

Then An un-named Delting Representative started in a rant that they would never play for Delting again if they played for unst!

So it doesn't look like they'll play for Unst this year.

?? :o :o ??

Didn't realise there was any bad blood between Delting and Unst!!

Seriously though, i think that people have a pre-concieved idea that Delting have a massive squad of players when in reality they are like many other teams in that they too sometimes struggle to get 11 players on the pitch at times - it's not long ago that their manager was pulling on his boots to make up the 11th man!

So it's probably no surprise that a few Delts will feel that there's a bit of "poaching" going on. It's a pity because it would be a good chance for the two boys to get a bit of valuable experience and playing for a "physical" team like Unst they would get that protection that they might need at such tender ages :wink: