saddam's hed his neck stretched!!

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've just released footage of Saddam's crang on TV.

Or is it? :o

The conspiracy theorists will be having a field day with this one!

Personally I think Saddam is alive and well, living with Elvis and doing research on all the aliens that have been captured over the years, but spending a bit of quality time with their pet loch ness monster while they plan to get rid of a US president.

Actually, they could be on to something there....... :twisted:

Seriously, with the country in such a self-destructive state it is maybe hard to see how this act can improve things at all, there's already been a car bomb killing 30-40 this morning, and if Saddam is seen as a martyr by his people then there is the potential for further reprisals. We will have to wait and see.

But when we look back at everything the man did in his reign, his removal from the human race has got to be a good thing.

I am disgusted with the BBC showing him on the gallows,its made me ill and ensured that I shall not watch the news the rest of the day. I am against capital punishment and think he should have been kept as the shoe bomber is, in solitary confinement the rest of his life.As it is he now has his wish and has been Martyred. :(

As I am against Capital Punishment I see no reason to change my views just because it is Saddam that has been hung. That said IF it was the decision of the Iraqi courts and their government then I have to accept that their laws are different and respect the decision. IF the decision was in fact taken by some part of the US government then I do not respect that decision and I fear that the wrath of something nasty will fall upon the American people which is sad as they did not (all) choose to go to war.

I am disgusted with the BBC showing him on the gallows,its made me ill and ensured that I shall not watch the news the rest of the day. I am against capital punishment and think he should have been kept as the shoe bomber is, in solitary confinement the rest of his life.As it is he now has his wish and has been Martyred. :(

What if a new Iraqi government got in power and released him? I'm against Capital Punishment but consider that.

I think he should have been tried by the U.N. for war crimes against humanity including genocide.Found guilty and sentenced to life, and kept in solitary confinement (In America if need be ).Just as Rudolf Hess was tried afterWorld War 2.Only closely watched so he could'nt commit suicide.

First of all: I'am absolutely convinced that he was responsible for the missdeeds, he was accused ...

I would have accepted a death sentence, if it would have been according to national or international laws ... although I'm strictly against any capital punishment like this ...

But hanging him today, was the biggest fault that could ever happen in the whole Iraqui affair so far. It will definitely deapen the the borders between the Shia and the Sunnah if not creating him als a martyr.

... and, sorry, I'm afraid that the rest of the world will have to pay for it - first of all the American and British forces staying in Iraque.

Guest Anonymous

just seen een a yun photo's o old madas's crang lyin in da box, his hed wis twisted roond a bit, but i think it could be trick photography and he was maybe joost sleepin.

if dae stage it right and he comes back fae the dead in three day's time dae will think he is da messaiha!

Personally i think he wis joost a very naughty boy....

I support the death sentence in principal. I think there are some crimes which are unforgiveable and deserve death (such as premeditated child murder and sexual abuse, genocide, etc)

However, I am absolutely opposed to the death sentence as a practical punishment as, without a perfect criminal justice system (and no system devised by man is perfect), you will, sooner or later, execute an innocent person and that is state sponsored murder.

In Saddam's case, I think his trial was no better than the show trials of the Nazi or Soviet eras. He should have been put before an international tribunal in the Hague and, if found guilty, jailed for life in Europe just as Milosevic would have been if he had survived and as Karadjic and Mladic will be when we eventually catch them.

PS. What was that scarf for? So it didn't hurt? :twisted:

Went to buy my Sunday paper today, only to have the picture of Saddam on the gallows with rope around his neck displayed on every front page. I do not want to see that before I've had my brekkie. All images of that nature should have been in a sealed bag inside and not plastered over the first half dozen pages and if - like me - you dont want to gaze on scenes of death and torture you could have bunged it on the fire! As it is those images will play on my mind for ages :cry:

Guest Anonymous

I wonder how long it will be afore you can buy a t - shirt we old sadam in his noose we some kind a silly statement below?

der probably printin them noo and they will probably mak a fortune..