What else do we want?

Njugle

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mountain bike track across the back o' clickimin?

Yes I like the sounds of this ! Quite partial to a scoot around Glentress at Peebles - their three tier experience trails are excellent depending on how challenging you want to go.

Yes - the hill could quite easily be transformed for an absolute pittance i.e. widen some sheeps gaits! - and would be an excellent attraction too in the summer?

An ice rink could well be a fantastic investment, skating is fun, ice-discos for the bairns, ice hockey and curling are both olympic sports!

The fridge unit for the rink could serve as a heat exchanger for eg. the clickimin centre too.

Mountain biking: We have a whole wealth of hill roads and firm green coastal parks and yet the only serious enthusiasts i have come across in my country wanderings were a group of four late one summer saturday night, accompanied by a 4x4. Perfect! Why are more of us not doing this?

It's more environmentally friendly than off-roading with the jeep, it isn't affected by cold, and it's flaming good exercise.

I think a formal track somewhere near Lerwick would spark an interest.

Rock climbing: I don't know what the latest story is but a few years back there were four people in the climbing club, and ALL of them were incomers! We live on a climbers paradise, as one of them informed me.

Anyhoo, enough of my rant for now, here's someone else realising what we're missing out on:

Graeme Storey

And that football pitch for Mossbank. Enough people living there to justify it and be honest and admit there are not many community facilities provided there.

Ice rink sounds good and a brilliant idea to reuse the heat....Clickimin sounds good so the pool could use the waste heat.

Mountain bike track.....one in Lerwick but let other areas have them as well.

Skateboard park. The problem with this is always that the noise would disturb residents. Thats fair enough....boards are noisy. So put the thing inside a building.

Guest Anonymous

What about a bull ring? We could use some auld yowes which wander over the roads with horns selotaped to their heads, think of the tourist potential!

• 4 years later...
Guest Anonymous
What about a bull ring? We could use some auld yowes which wander over the roads with horns selotaped to their heads, think of the tourist potential!

OLE , n kast yowe gymkhana yay ,anything to draa in toories