Southern League The End!!!

jeems

No way penfold get rid of the Southern League. Cunningsburgh players are sick and tired of the Southern League. Cunningsburgh wanted to pull out of the league in 2000. There were only about 6 players from Cunningsburgh, all under-15. The rest were all reserves from Southend and Sandwick! Meaning, it was not a proper Cunningsburgh side but just a mixture of players to keep the league going at thier expense. Players who can't play for "Ness A" should just play in the Works League like most players do around Shetland. Ness United are not good enough because players would rather be a superstar on a satarday night getting a hat-trick v Cunningsbugh rather then push themselves against Delting A or Whalsay A!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry penfold, but i can't make the meeting. It's time people focused on Ness United. There is too much talk about the Southern League. All these ideas are fine but the way ahead is to scrap the Southern League. Forget about the people who can't play for Ness A. Sorry, but they will have to go elsewhere. The Cunningsburgh players don't want the league to continue. A couple want to play for Ness A but the majority would rather just play works league or a standard which suits their abilty. It's time Sandwick and Southend did the same. The standard of football in the south mainland is reflected through the A league not the Southern League!

Woah 8O

Thats some strong criticism but perhaps does make some understandable points. I do agree BALLACK that those guys that play in the south mainland should focus their efforts towards making a competitive Ness A side. However, there's only a limited few that can play for that side. Players in the southern league would probably prefer to play for their village side rather than a Ness B. Its a simple fact, there's not much you can do at this stage to change that opinion. If players don't want to play for a reserve side they simply won't turn up. Also quite a lot of southern league players will have no affiliation with a works league side and many won't bother for that option. By completly ending it, then a lot o players in the south mainland will end up not playing at all, leaving Ness Utd with a limited pool of players.

If the southern league is kept going in some form it should hopefully provide footballing opportunities for those that can't get in the Ness A side. The focus should be on inclusion rather than exclusion

If they are not good enough for Ness A then they are not good enough. Simple. Ness A will just have to sign players who are good enough from other clubs. That's what other A league teams do. These lesser players are having too much influence over the good Ness A players. Why worry about crap players? They can play for their village in the parish cup.

Wether they are good enough or not is ultimately down to the person who picks the team, I think that if there wasn't a southern league then you would be able to form a b side but thats up to Ness if they think it can work or not, and as has been seen from last season you need a sizeable squad to meet all the fixtures, and never worry about criticism stoichkov if its constructive then its relevant.

No sure what you mean by the crap players having to much influence over the good players BALLACK surely its down to the committee and the manager what road the club takes regarding who is signed or not?

I don't think its really about 'crap' players. Many would say that the Ness A side is full o 'crap' players, including their better ones! You can't just dismiss people coz they aren't good enough to play in the A league. Anyone that wants to play football should have the choice to do so in Shetland. At the moment everything is too restricted which is why people are moaning and complaing coz they don't want to play at such and such level/league. By keeping the southern league goin u should give some players more football opportunities, one parish cup game a year ain't goin to satisfy ppl. As I said a Ness B would sound good but its my understanding some players would rather not play than play for a B team, i may be wrong on that one tho, I only have limited sources! :)

But as penfold keeps saying if these players DO want any football next year they will have to go along to the meetings to have their say-so. Otherwise the committee or watever there is will have to make a decision which might not be to everyone's liking!

:lol: im sure it wont suit everybody stoichkov but thats life. but it will be the opinion of those that turn up and can make their point heard thankfully, and for those that have an opinion but cant or wont turn up then either write or phone the secretary or one of the committee members with it or be resigned to the fact that it wont be heard and wont count.

I just think you are trying to please to many people stoichkov. Where will Ness A finish this year? Stop thinking about these lesser players and focus on that team. Lot's of lesser players from the south mainland play in the work's league and they are happy with that. Delting seem to do well and they have players from Brae, Mossbank, Hillswick and Muckle Roe. Most people in Shetland consider the Southern League a joke and i agree.

I just think that from your point of view then the only people that will be happy are those playing for Ness A. While to counter that, there will certainly be some players in the south mainland that would rather see a fully competitive southern league at the expense of a Ness A side, keeping that party happy but obviously not those that want to play in the A league. Does it really have to be a choice of either/or? Or can both set ups not co-exist to provide opportunities for players of all abilities?

There is obviously still some support for the league whereas as far as i am aware there is no major support for a ness B side? Could the southern league not effectively work as a Ness B team, with its possible future formation when an A side becomes more established?

I just think you are trying to please to many people stoichkov.

I aim to please...not to deceive Mr Ballack. (By the way nice goal last night mate!) :D

Not sure about the Ness b option stoichkov, I think it would be nigh on impossible to have a B squad as well as a Southern League program run at the same time, if the Southern League was to stop then I think most players would prefer a B team as to playing in the Works League.

I could not believe it when that donkey called Shevchenko set me up. I only play for Chelsea for the money but hey i am Greman :twisted: ! Did anyone see the massive fight between the Valencia and Inter Milan players. It was like a Southend v Sandwick match with Kevin Flea throwing the first punch then scampering away. Penfold, i can't make it due to my busy schedule but my agent will be there to represent my views.