Ness United & The Southern League

EISTnWAST

Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?

• Sleeping giant
    • A joke

Nah, We already have 3 quality grass playing surfaces with great changing-room facilities in the South Mainland already.

16 fit players who are A league standard is what we want!! We have an A and B team this year so alot of players will be needed. I hope there is enough a guys because they will all be used at some point. Even guys like that comedy duo from Sandwick............tibby and spall will be needed. The ginger prince from Sandwick was a good player back in the day. He could still get the boots on for a final hurrah!

How many boys are registered?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason Bourne is right :D

Hope that unpleasantness with Treadstone and Black Briar gets sorted out and more importantly you manage to make it out of the east river in time for the next film :wink:

Back to the pitch let me know if you boys reconsider, they can be cheaper to put in than you may think, Montrose FC were surprised how cheap it was when we did theirs.

Ok pm me a rough price for a pitch approxmatley 120m long and 75m wide, the ground is a soil sand mix to a depth of 2 mtrs, not sure what is under that as I havn't had to dig that far yet thank fopp :D, there is already a perimeter fence but it would need a new one, and also some nice floodlights for when it gets dark.

Ok pm me a rough price for a pitch approxmatley 120m long and 75m wide, the ground is a soil sand mix to a depth of 2 mtrs, not sure what is under that as I havn't had to dig that far yet thank fopp :D, there is already a perimeter fence but it would need a new one, and also some nice floodlights for when it gets dark.

Your pitch is too large it should be 106 long by 66 wide allowing for 3m outside the perimeter lines. 6996m2 in total for a full sized pitch.

If you're playing league matches you would also need to find out how much space you need off the lines to the fence as it ultimately might not be required if you have a basic security fence surrounding the whole facility.

the dimensions quoted were the area within the existing fence they wern't the size of the "pitch" required billy.

Then you meant your field was 120m x 75 then

The area around the pitch wouldn't be counted as it's dressed with normal grass after completion. You'd only be paying for the 6996m2 of playing surface, the floodlighting and the fence which I reckon you only need if you have problems with vandalism or you want to rent it out and stop people getting on it for nowt.