Ness United & The Southern League

EISTnWAST

Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Ness United a sleeping giant or a joke?

• Sleeping giant
    • A joke

Never come across them before, what jobs they done in the UK?.

Not a fecking clue. Fairly near top of the list in a google search though. Thought it might be interesting to have a ballpark figure. I wasn't trying to detract business from yourselves.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never come across them before, what jobs they done in the UK?.

Not a fecking clue. Fairly near top of the list in a google search though. Thought it might be interesting to have a ballpark figure. I wasn't trying to detract business from yourselves.

That's alright we haven't worked in Shetland since we did the Brae pitch which really needs to be replaced btw. I always say you should get check prices not that we're in the business of ripping folks off as you want to work for them again.

Anyway I've been trying to flog a pitch to my elder brother Penfold for a while but he hasn't won the lotto yet so I'll have to help him find the readies from charitable sources :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure yet Ballack, I have contacted reps from all the interested parties so I waiting to hear back as to any issues they wish to be addressed.

Me personally we need to look at what we should do with the league, e.g. leave it ticking over as it is or any other feasible option, there was discussion on here about informal kick arounds in the south mainland on Saturday nights so that might be looked at, as to WHO, and HOW it would work and WHO would look after the minimal organisation it would need, also if it is to move forward in a positive way then it needs to get new blood on board the committee to achieve that.

any suggestions from yourself? any plans to be back on the isle this summer?

I just think the satarday night friendly match idea should get addressed.

I will be up a fair bit this summer. I will be up enough to merit a player profile on the a team website!!! :wink: :wink: go on. I might no be permanent but should get a handful of games because there are a lot of things i have to get up for. It's all in the pipeline.

I hear d :lol: , I will inform the relevant people of your desire to return to the fold and they will be in touch I have now doubt, I will send you the Parish cup draw for the Greens when its made LIVE from the bowlers bar at the Clickimin complex this thursday at 7.30pm.

• 2 weeks later...

The SLFA AGM has been set for the 30th of March at the Sandwick social club, anybody got anything they would like to raise? one thing that has cropped up was the possiblity of a 7-a-side competition over the summer? what do you think would there be any interest amongst the eligable players for that kind of competition?

I have spoken to the teams about the the 7-a-side competition and they seem to be keen on what has been proposed :

monthly or fortnightly competiton between may and august.

events to be moved around the area e.g. Sandwick, Cunningsburgh and Boddam as well as Burra if they decide to compete.

Saturday nights 6.30 start.

Squads to have up to 10 players, and must include at least one veteran over the age of 35 only one "A" player, two Juniors e.g. 16 to 18 year old. and the rest can be unsigned or B players/ players who you may want to be getting football before the parish cup.

The four Southern League Cups will be competed for, and on the evening of the last event there would be a social event hopefully.

the competiton would be open to teams outwith the traditional clubs e.g Burra, Southend, Sandwick, and Cunningsburgh Fc as long as they meet the league entry requirement that players must reside in the league area.

One point to note whilst there was general interest in this THERE WAS NO VOLUNTEERS TO RUN IT, it will take someone to co-ordinate e.g, keep league tables and team sheets etc, they would get help from the member teams with this, and if there was anyone who was interested in doing so I would be obliged if they would attend the AGM on the 30th of March at the Sandwick Social Club 8.00 pm start.