Home International 2008.

JAStewart

Assuming that none of the home nations qualify, I would love to have a home international league over the summer with:

Scotland

Wales

Rep of Ire

N. Ire

England

(ranked in order of best to worst :lol: )

playing against each other.

If no-one qualifies then it will be a pretty empty summer for the United Kingdom and Ireland.

What do you think.

Home internationals would be good idea but it will never happen. Only the celtic nations are considering taking part. England have declared themselves out. Scotland have gone to another level and are better than Wales and Northern Ireland. I can't see it happening due to all the politics involved. Plus players want to rest in the summer and recharge after a long hard season.

2008 will be a good summer for sport with the Euro 2008 Champs, Olympics and Andy Murray in Wimbledon.

Do you think we should enter a Great Britain mens football team for 2012?

• 1 month later...

I think it would be brilliant to get this organised for next summer. A football tournament consisting of Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and Wales could only be good for the fans and increase the interest in British football next year.

(*** MOD - Merged with existing thread ***)

I'm with Baxter on this one. Without England the competition would be Mickey Mouse. Just take the team out to the Kirin Cup again, and hand out the Mickey Mouse caps at their Mickey Mouse tournament.

I thought the U21s and B team was for giving younger players experience?

IMO if Scotland want to get to the next level we need some quality opposition in friendly matches. There will be plenty of good sides looking for a tough friendly before Euro 2008.