KFC for Shetland?

JAStewart

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Last time I had a KFC (admittedly about a decade ago), the chicken was rancid and tasted of fish. The horror of KFC is part of the reason I am a vegetarian today.

Even when not manky, the food is terrible value and incredibly unhealthy. Guess that's true for most fast-food though.

Thankfully KFC, McDonalds etc don't see enough of a profit in Shetland.

We have few enough places to eat out, without the garbage sold by the fast food industry being foisted on our kids.

So please dont encourage this crap being brought to our shores, if I want to eat unhealthy I'll pour a bit more dripping over me tatties and salt fish.

Guest Anonymous

kfc is about 80 times better than mcdonalds and (not so much) burger king. at least it resembles the meat its supposed to be.

i had mcdonalds last month and threw the burger away becasue it was disgustingly turd.

but chicken meat on the bone cant go wrong. i hope kfc opens outside my door so i never have to cook ever again.

true story

As always with Shetland there are rumors, rumors, rumors! about everything, however the latest I've heard is that a KFC is going to be opening in Shetland?

I heard it via text.

There is a handwritten sign in the window of Osla's 2 that it will reopen as a fried chicken outlet though I canna mind if it is for KFC or a KFC type outlet

KFC is a franchise, i.e. you pay them megapounds upfront just to use their brand name, then you are obliged to buy all your supplies from them and if you go bust ...tough...no support. Anyone getting so involved must be daft.

I would never consider eating chicken (of all things) which I had not cooked myself. A good friend of mine has had half a lifetime of bad health (including a transplant) through having eaten bad chicken.

I am old enough to remember ( in the days before ro-ro and refrigerated trucks) cages of "frozen" chicken being landed at Victoria Pier. You could stick your finger through the cartons and contents were totally defrosted.

Of course they were then re-frozen and sold as 'Frozen Chickens'...but not to me ! We will never know how many people were affected, but there was a lot of 'Feerie' about thenadays.

It doesn't have to be fish and chips, as long as it is quality ingredients prepared with care.

We could have world class restaurants up here, hell we are always hearing about the world class ingredients produced here. Well it is about time someone took a bit of effort in preparing them.

The Queens is getting there (well done Fat Man).

What is not needed is poor quality "meat" prepared by unskilled teenagers who couldn't give a stuff what is handed over the counter.

KFC is overpriced and you get so little for your money,ive been to them a few times and am not impressed with what you get,even though i vowed never to eat fast food chicken after salmonella poisoning in Ireland a few years ago.

If you want to run the gauntlet of fast food KFC aren't any worse than McD's and BK. You pay about the same money for less food though.

Personally speaking I think the novelty of KFC or any other fast food outlet would wear off fast in the Isles.