Scottish Referees

JAStewart

I'll not bother recapping Boyd's antics in the recent game against Dundee United - fans of other non-OF clubs seem quite happy to accept the status quo so I'm wasting my time on here.

Strange how, when we really had the chance to make a difference, other clubs were too scared to stand up and be counted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

There have been some howlers this weekend in games involving the Old Firm.

I'm not sure why that goal was chalked off, but I was told the whistle blew well before the ball went in the net and the Celtic players had stopped. Mind you it was a Celtic fan who told me that. :lol:

Rangers had a stonewall penalty denied today and a really bad offside decision given against them too.

All part of the game though. Hopefully these decisions will balance out next Sunday. :wink:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7360598.stm

So, basically, Brines is saying 'I didn't see the incident clearly, so I gave the free kick to Celtic'.

I wish I could say unbelievable, but it isn't.

And anyone who even thinks about trying to claim 'these decisions balance themselves out over the course of the season' is quite Frank(ie)ly deluded :wink:

or stirring.

• 2 weeks later...

^^

McCurry and his assistants certainly made a few wrong decisions today. It was a definite penalty to Utd. and I'm not sure why the deflected Utd. 'goal' was disallowed. They couldn't have been 100% sure about the pen and they must have judged the offside player to be interfering with play when Swanson shot.

Rangers were also on the wrong end of a couple of offside decisions and Barry Ferguson could've had a penalty.

As I say, the decisions usually even out throughout the season. :wink:

I noticed McCurry had to go off for some treatment. I hope he's fit for the rest of the season. :wink: :wink:

• 2 years later...