Shetland fitba player o da year?

braveheart

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan has got a job on mainland so this year was the last we'll see of him for a while at least. Would hope to think he'll continue to play south but it's not a particulary attractive proposition when you're working full time (i.e. three times a week travel, motorway's, etc). He would be my pick for player of the year followed by Ross Moncrieff and Karl Williamson.

Alan has got a job on mainland so this year was the last we'll see of him for a while at least. Would hope to think he'll continue to play south but it's not a particulary attractive proposition when you're working full time (i.e. three times a week travel, motorway's, etc). He would be my pick for player of the year followed by Ross Moncrieff and Karl Williamson.

if that is the case his brian duncan could easliy step the performance in the parish cup final before he was injured should prove that point sad to here that alan will not be in shetland he will be a miss to the league

People think Delting will just fade away but with Alan Duncan in the side that will simply not happen. The scary thing is he's only 23. He should be playing south to see what level he can reach.

He has played South. He was a reserve for Huntly.

Leighton Flaws, James Johnston and Karl Williamson have all played regularly at a higher level than Alan has.

I know everybody loves goals and step overs for player of the year but here's my 10 pence worth.

Can anybody tell me of a forward in Shetland who has had the better of Merv Jamieson? Nobody might notice a defender but in the times i've seen Delting it's like men against boys for most of Shetland forwards.

Probably can't look outside Delting for the POTY title though. Pity.

....for the Best Player in Shetland this year???

:lol:

That would be the equivalent of giving the best player in England last year to Roy Carroll at Derby.

:lol: :lol:

Come on plaguestorm. Forget Alan Duncan, Ross Moncrieff etc.................The Yell keeper deserves to be 2008 shetland player of the year. He only conceded 117 goals in the League and his team finished bottom of the table with 0 points. :)