Meteor

ArabiaTerra

^Head fir da Billister hoose on a clear nicht an' du'll see an ammense o dem.

Hae a look on Google fir da annual meteor shooers. Da Geminids haes joost feenished. Next up is Quadrantids atween da third an fort' o January. If I mind richt, da Leonids aroond da time o dee faiders birthday is een o da better displays, bit dat's a braw start awa noo. :wink:

I will indeed need to head tae Billister hoose although with nothin in the hoose then i will need to mind and pack a tent and its too cold fir dat!!! ;)

hahaha i will check google for dis!! haha. You would have thought for the length o time am been here (i.e. on earth) i would have seen something!! faiders bday is a piece away indeed but i will note it in my diary!! ;)

If you head out of town on any clear frosty night and look to the heavens then you'll see them. You don't need to wait for the annual meteor showers (although you may need to spend a long time gazing skywards at other times of year). I guess people don't see them because they don't look up at the night sky, or they stay in built up areas where light pollution is a problem. I've seen hundreds in Shetland, and tens here when I'm out of the city.