Scalloway Fire Festival

Colin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely so. To be clear, I'm coming from an optimistic positive point of view. Assuming steady recovery it might just be what they will want. If so, better to celebrate a tangible recovery of a son than just the return of the sun. Early days of course, but looking to the bright side seems better.

Have to agree, I think the Jarl Squad deserve praise for supporting their Jarl and the Fire Festival Commitee likewise for making the right decision.

Best of all it sounds like peerie Charlie is on the med although I am sure it will be a while afore him or his parents will be thinking about burning galleys.

If there is any sense Pottsy will have his day next year when hopefully everyone in the community will be in the mood for a spree.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the bairns that travelled from Ireland to be in this years Jarl Squad has lost his helmet, his name "Illan Callaghan" should be inside it.

He's just 5 and says he thinks he left it on the bus but his Mam thinks he could have left it anywhere on the nights travels. They are in the process of contacting people and halls but if any Shetlinkers could help it would be appreciated.

Cheers :)

• 11 months later...