CB radio

Medziotojas

My greatest was NY State, on 4 w using a field as a directional antenna, the antenna was a full wave type hanging on bamboo sticks.

Ah.. this weekend's p*ss*ng contest

Australia (Tasmania) running 1/4 watt SSB (naughty) into a single element home made delta loop.

Funny that theres a thread recently started on this. I was looking on ebay this morning for an F Type FM aerial (Thats one of those little satellite screw on connectors for anyone who wonders), and came across a K40 mag mount (55 quid - eek). That brought back memories, mine went airborne doing 110 down the Kames in a 3 litre Capri. DV27s after that :).

I was amazed at the amount of CB gear for sale on ebay, especially lots of multiband sets with full european coverage - anyone still using a CB for fun? I used to use a power amp and home made aerials in the attic for chatting to folk across europe, would be tempted to try again if theres actually anyone out there.

I mind mony a year ago yarnin away on da CB to someen caad da "blue doo", he seemed to be on alot :)

Yeah, I mind him ( I wis a bairn, I hasten to add). The other ever present handle then-a-days was the "Unicorn" His 20 was in Scalloway, I ken that much. Fine auld chap. I'm pretty sure I could find out who the Blue Doo was too. Truth is I'm pretty sure I remember, but I'd rather not run the risk of being wrong.

Many a happy night huddled round the set listening to chit chat fae all ower. It was all very exciting in it's illegal days. :)

Shetlink is CB for the 21st century

:oops: Shameless plug.

Anybody remember Farmer Brown and The Polar Bear? ( neither of them were me I hasten to add) :lol:

I remember having some business in Fetlar which took all but 20 min. but involved being in Fetlar for several hours. To pass the time I turned on the CB and it was the best atmospheric skip I ever experinced with cq's in France, Italy, Cannel Islands Wales, Belfast and of course ones from all over Englandshire.

I struck a conversation with two mobile professional ladies in Birmingham and started giving them instructions as to where I was located.

They were creasing themselves laughing when we were interrupted by a foreign gentelman wanting to hire their services. He got the height of politically incorrect abuse, they were more interested in having amusing banter over the CB than making money.

It was mostly all good innocent fun in those days Sigh!

• 2 weeks later...