Giggle workshop

This was in Fri the the 17th July... sun news paper...i think the s.i.c. have lost the plot this time big style

COUNCIL bosses were last night accused of having a laugh at tax payers' expense - after sending there staff to a GIGGLE workshop

Workers on Shetland were packed on the course run by a hypnotherapist as part of a bizarre team-building exercise

Council chief's pain £50 to send six employees in the care and home team to the two-hour course which involved learning new laughing techniques and playing games.. :roll: :roll: :roll:

£50 doesn't sound like much to me. Not for six places. More important is whether the course was actually any good or not.

For people involved in the care sector, this kind of thing might have a practical purpose. I'd be more scathing if this were training for the accountancy department, or something.

GIGGLE workshop ? Now if only they would send the councillors on a common sense and a prudence workshop

Perhaps if you teach them to be able to laugh at themselves they may never be stuck for entertainment...

Right joke over....

I used to have a teacher called Miss Turtle

She taught us well....

Tis good to be able to laff a bit...

Folk can get so uptight at work that it can reduce their +ve output, so, a little time out won't hurt....

And folk do better if they know they can have a smirk or two at work..

Flooj...nobody is saying people in the care sector dont deserve trading as you say...my wife is a care and she thinks its a load off crap wasting public money on nonsense like this....In fact she is offended that the council think they need such a thing ..

Ah, maybe your partners personal oppinion, but she does not run the council or work for HR. As you know, you do tend to get more initiatives directed at you as a council employee. I have found that folk don't like training in my sector, cos they think they know it already, they usually find something in it that can help them..and I know, the course fee of 50 pounds is outragous, but there is also a fear of ebarasment, either of getting it wrong, or being asked to think out side of the comfort zone...I am not saying this applies in any directly to your partner, but as a professional, at least she could see it may do someone some good and would direct constructive comments if and when she takes part.