Mother & Toddler Groups??

tattie_soup

Hi there im interested too i have a 7 week old and im gonna start taking him to kiddieclub. I know you said l8r on in the week was better but its on every tuesday at half ten and is run from the basement of the church in prince alfred street and no its not a religious group the mums just hire the hall. I took my first there and she really liked it. Theres also something run from the sandveien neighbourhood centre i dont know the exact details but my sister goes so i could find out a bit more for you if that area suits better. Theres also the staneyhill mother and toddler group run by christine tonge ex health visitor but still contactable through the lk health centre. Thats my neighbourhood so im gonna find out more myself.

Okay thats great thank you very much. The church one is near me so I was thinking about going there, I was told by someone its on tues and thurs? My daughter is nearly 6 months old and she loves other barins so it would be great. I go to the one in Whiteness and Weisdale hall most Monday mornings as my mum lives out there. But wasn't organised enough today!! That one is great lots of toys and loads of babies! Its 10am-12noon every monday.

I would recommend anything by the Bruce Family centre. They go out of their way to make you and your children feel welcome, and that makes a big difference when you start attending a new group.

Good luck! :)

Bruce Family Centre Services

The Bruce Family Centre is a multi-agency team bringing together the Family Centre Manager, the Pre-School Home Visiting Service, Community Alarm Scheme Teacher, a Family Support Worker and four Playworkers. Also based in the Family Centre are the Shetland Childcare Partnership Co-ordinator and the Childcare Development Officer.

This team aims to offer family support services throughout Shetland on an outreach basis by offering parent support groups individual input to more vulnerable families, play opportunities via the Play Van and groupwork sessions with young people. The Family Centre also manages the Islesburgh Pre-school group and the Out-of-school groups in Mossbank, Dunrossness and Lerwick.

For more details please contact:

Family Centre Manager, Bruce Family Centre, Lovers Loan, Lerwick, ZE1 0BA

Tel: 01595 745405

On the board in the Health centre, there are usually adverts of the different groups and your helath visitor can usually put you in touch with some as well.

These are the ones I know about:

Nippers, on a Thur at the Ebeneezer Hall, Navy Lane.

Early birds, Mon & Thur, St Magnus Church hall.

Sandveien Neighbour hood centre.

Staneyhill Hall.

Gulberwick Hall on a Fri.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've started going to the one in the Sandvein Neighbourhood Centre even though I live in Cunningsburgh. My girl is 9 months old now and she just loves it as there are atleast 10 other babies to play with and there were none at the group in Cunningsburgh.

Its on Friday mornings from 9.30-11.30 and everyone has been really friendly and made me feel very welcome.