Does anyone make Chicken Houses?

Have you put it out for competitive tendering?

And don’t forget your planning application

Get a good PR outfit. Ask councillor Allan Wishart apparently, after all there not many councillors that have the gonads to say no to anything see the Windfarm nonsense for that

So wave a lot of money in there face. (Oops! “potential profitsâ€) that should grease the palms some what. But you might find that the Scottish Minister in the department, for doing the opposite of what the voters want. Will say yes with open arms After all Shetland is just insignificant little rock in the north sea to put windy mills on

Or try the Shetland Times there was some carpenters looking for jobs last week and the week before

WTF :shock:

Sorry no offence meant to you 2lb_saucermeat. I just like to stick it to our councillors if and when ect.

Just never trust the planning department get every thing on paper. Some have put up sheds and have had to take them down again for not having planning permission. The same applies to your hen run all it takes is one person to complain about it

I must be old fashioned ... I thought chicken owners made chicken houses. Have you no old bits of wood, etc., lying around? It's right to think about planning permission though, as "there's always one" who'll make your life a misery if you don't.

Or buy an old van or bus for the hens to live in. :P

Beat me to it. I was going to say, get a old van body, sheet of ply behind the seats, 2 x 2 across the back wheel arches for a bauk, and cut a hole in one of the wheel arches for a hen hol....hundreds, if not thousands of hen houses who've gone before, to rust in peace, cannot be wrong. :P