Road condition reports - Snow, Rain, Fog, etc

khitajrah

Roads around skeld and reawick are not good, over 8 inches of snow on the car since Tea time last night, Not seen a single car moving, dont think even the service bus has moved. Snowing away here again aswell, light winds so very slow moving showers!!

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snowing heavy here now, bad forecast, radio 4 met man said this morning Shetland could get 12inches by the end of the day.

Big showers spreading in from the NNW.

12 inches on top of 15 inches :shock:

Juist ta cheer you aa up - my aald mam is juist telled me at dis is da anniversary o da day at da 1947 snaa began. :)

Well well!

Thankfully the snow wis so light an fluffy!

Dug a path about 110 meters long last night and thankfully it was still there this morning.

Still snowing in town with most bits passable but there are the usual slippy bits where it's easy to get stuck.

If you nee to go to the Kveldro I recommend you walk it..

Dropped my mother off and well needed to grit the tracks before we could get out.

Currently snowing with at least a cm in the past 20 mins.

Dug a path about 110 meters long last night...
:shock:

I just had to struggle to dig a path to get out too (first time I've needed to). Mine is nearer 1.1 m :oops:

It really is remarkably deep around the sooth end of Commercial Street. Best to avoid trying to get a car in past the Queen's I'd say.