Shetland Fantasy Football

tirvaluk

Im not sure, when you see them at representative level Peterson edges it, though have to say Paul Grant is worth his money in the fantasy football game. He should be knocking on the door this year for inclusion in the final county squad.

Bobby Wiseman seems a popular choice with a number of people! nice and cheap too- but obviously depends on how often he plays though!!

I think bringing back Fantasy Football is a brilliant move for shetland A league football- gives the neutrals something to be interested in!!

I think its great, i mentioned it in a rant a while ago that its something that could have been done to raise money for the island games squad.

It raises the profile of Shetland football and gets young and old involved.

Any young player out there i bet can't wait till they play senior football just to see their price tag.

Hopefully next season we will get more accurate values, very hard to pluck figures out of thin air. Also Whitedale and Celtic teams came in late and we had to make a start so we hadto rush through them. Also as above values are not just based on players they are also based on who they play for eg clean sheets etc, I'm sure if Erik was at a team who finished near the top last season he would probably be very expensive ( don't do it though Erik! Play for your home team!) We used the Shetland Times values from 2005 to roughly base our values but hopefully we'll get all the teething problems oot o the road for next season!

Don't worry about the posts on value's Hustak77, there just on a fishing mission, most folk understand the principles of the game and how the value's are arrived at. Just a reminder folks that the first premier league games start on the 16th of April so if you want to be in from the start of the competition you need to get a team in by then. You can always pick and enter a new team later if your orginal line-up isn't cutting the mustard.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to have a go about Erik Peterson's value, I was just surprised considering he's currently Shetland's No.1. Makes sense though with the clean sheets as you say.

Does anyone know if the Fantasy Football League Table is going to be updated in the Shetland Times on a weekly basis like the old one used to be, or is it just going to be on the website?

• 1 year later...