Big Mouth Strikes Again.

voxreasonable

A lot of Jonathan's complaints against Dave seem to have had nothing to do with his work and were of a personal nature. For example, exposing in print that Dave had left his wife and "stolen another man's fiance". Stories such as these give what Jonathan did the overall feel of a vendetta.

Dave's wife seems to have been fairly unaffected by losing her husband (I assume she is entitled to part of the settlement).

As for the woman he "stole" my thoughts are this. Any man who thinks he can get away with keeping his woman engaged for over seven years gets what he deserves.

I am pretty certain that Dave is not conventionally attractive to women. Or put another way, he seems quite an unattractive fellow. So it must have been quite a feat for him to have snagged anyone, let alone someone already emotionally commited elsewhere. I suggest she wasnt happy in her engagement and took a chance elsewhere.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the council were in the process of ending Dave Clark's brief employment with them using the very contractual clauses you mentioned just around the time that Jonathan first went to the press

Assuming this is a reasonably accurate account, the question has to be asked, was Wills aware of the situation between the council and Clark prior to his going to the press?

I think it would be fair to say that a bystander could have gained the distinct impression during later events, that the council was pro-actively attempting to postpone and minimise the extent of which some councillors, including Wills, were aware of some aspects of current council business. There was a distinct feeling that an "Inner Sanctum" comprising mainly of senior councillors had "closed ranks" leaving the rank and file of councillors largely in the dark. It no doubt started much sooner behind the scenes than when it became apparent publically.

A lot of Jonathan's complaints against Dave seem to have had nothing to do with his work and were of a personal nature. For example, exposing in print that Dave had left his wife and "stolen another man's fiance". Stories such as these give what Jonathan did the overall feel of a vendetta.

Link?

I don't recall the details of Clark's love life appearing anywhere in Will's "Press Statements", that only hit print when "The Sun" ran it.

What your statement is actually saying, based on my current understanding of the situation, is that Wills tipped off "The Sun". Proof?

I meant Willy Shannon? What does he do for a living?

For the last few years, nobody seems quite sure. But there was mention in a report on either the Shetland News or Times site the other day that he had been given the job of dealing with sorting out the situation between the council, SCT and the audit people to prevent the council accounts being "qualified" in the future.

Guest Anonymous

david clarks pulling power is none of anybodys business whatsoever, unless it could be wills was jealous of somebody he didnt like , which makes him a despicable snake acting like a peerie lass at the skule. Clark was no in office to be slim handsome or dashing , he was there to be the new broom to sweep clean n got the sack for doing so, mainly on the say so of verbal skyitter, its a pity the accused man was ower fat and ower drunk to souffle him i think

I am pretty certain that Dave is not conventionally attractive to women. Or put another way, he seems quite an unattractive fellow. So it must have been quite a feat for him to have snagged anyone, let alone someone already emotionally commited elsewhere. I suggest she wasnt happy in her engagement and took a chance elsewhere.

Many things could be suggested about the situation, and I'm sure most have been already in private.

"Assuming this is a reasonably accurate account, the question has to be asked, was Wills aware of the situation between the council and Clark prior to his going to the press?"

It's possibile that he may not have known before the first press release but was asked to refrain from further public comment on the topic shortly afterwards.

It could be very interesting to ask the council for their direct comment on this specific question...

If Jonathan had stopped after the first press release, it wouldn't have had much impact on anyone. The problem was he didn't stop. He went on a mission.

Having never met either Jonathan Wills or Dave Clarke, only read their comments on Shetland Times and of course Shetlink, I don't know which to believe regarding whether Dave phoned Jonathan to threaten to "knock his teeth out" or Jonathan asked his wife to call Dave to try to entrap him, however, I have spoken to many people who do know them both. It occurs to me that there is a large number of people who find it impossible to believe Dave didn't do it simply because they have experienced the same urge.

"

It's possibile that he may not have known before the first press release but was asked to refrain from further public comment on the topic shortly afterwards.

It could be very interesting to ask the council for their direct comment on this specific question...

If Jonathan had stopped after the first press release, it wouldn't have had much impact on anyone. The problem was he didn't stop. He went on a mission.

What 'press release' are you talking about? Also, what specific attack on Clark are you connecting with Wills?

Are you suggesting that the Standards Commission got it all wrong in clearing him?

Jonathan Wills may feel peeved that despite being admonished by the Ethical Standards Commission, a large number of the general public still feel he should have been reprimanded i.e. that justice was not seen to be done.

There's a very good reason for public scepticism. One only has to remember the Jean Charles de Menezes case, the Banking Crisis enquiry, The Iraq War commission and Expenses Scandal to understand that inquests run by members of the same club never result in any club member being at fault no matter what evidence there is.

Just as it took and independent enquiry, with a jury, to contradict the Independent Police Commission's own findings - an innocent unarmed man gunned down by police while simply using the tube was "killed lawfully". Only an independent enquiry with a jury can hope to reach a verdict believable by a majority of the general public here.

I don't recall the details of Clark's love life appearing anywhere in Will's "Press Statements", that only hit print when "The Sun" ran it.

What your statement is actually saying, based on my current understanding of the situation, is that Wills tipped off "The Sun". Proof?

Jonathan wrote to both the Shetland News and Shetland times telling us it was him who gave the Sun the details.

Its amazing how people gloss over so many of the things Wills openly says and does as if they don't notice them!

If you look at the minutes of the full council meeting of 16th march (I think, from memory, so probably way off! The link is in the locked CE thread from around the time though) there is dicussion regarding a probationary period which should be introduced as part of the recruitment of the next CE, inferring such was not present at the time of previous appointments.