Air discount scheme ending ?

jps

My wife realised that her air discount scheme card expired at the end of this month.

So she phoned the number on the card to renew it.

She was told that every ones card expired at the end of this month and that they didn't know if the scheme was to be continued.

I was wondering has anyone else has heard anything about this.

• 2 weeks later...
Yet people are being allowed to book flights using the old cards so I think the extension of the scheme must be fairly certain.

Just tried booking a flight for June but it wont let me book a date later than the end of March.

So doesn't look like anything has been sorted out yet :(

Did not book as I have not decided between flying or train + boat but both Flybe and British Airways websites quoted me discounted flights from London to Shetland when I was checking prices yesterday and Flybe quoted prices for a return trip to Birmingham in October.

Guest SJP17

My card worked as well , but even so unless your booking months in advance then the flights still cost a bloody small fortune !

Alos heard atlantic airways are looking to restart their london flight !

Must admit that I am glad that Flybe have changed their website so that the initial price shown is a price it is possible to fly for. OK so that price is for hand luggage only, book with the right debit card, check in on-line and so on but at least it is more honest than previously. Of course as far as flights from Shetland to London are concerned British Airways seems to offer cheaper flights. So much for Flybe being a low fare airline.

Atlantic Airways resuming their Shetland to Faeroe/London Stansted services would bring a degree of competition to our London connections and more to the point would reduce journey times substantially.

• 2 weeks later...