Deportation of Sakchai Makao (Mark II) - ** News Thread **

trout

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing support there tonight, and we at the Shetland Amateur Athletics Club are going to hold a sponsored triple jump event at the Clickimin track on Saturday 8th July at 3pm for anyone over 11 years of age,sponsored long jump at same time for anyone under 11. All proceeds to the Shetland for Sakchai fund. If anyone would like a sponsor form or would like to sponsor the bairns (or adults) who take part can contact me. Anyone who didn't know these are Sakchai's events at athletics. Hope to see some new faces who would like to try as everyone will be made very welcome. I can be contacted on Bixter 810254 if no one in please leave a message or see me at the track Mondays and Fridays at 5pm. Cheers. Helen.

Amazing support there tonight, and we at the Shetland Amateur Athletics Club are going to hold a sponsored triple jump event at the Clickimin track on Saturday 8th July at 3pm for anyone over 11 years of age,sponsored long jump at same time for anyone under 11. All proceeds to the Shetland for Sakchai fund. If anyone would like a sponsor form or would like to sponsor the bairns (or adults) who take part can contact me. Anyone who didn't know these are Sakchai's events at athletics. Hope to see some new faces who would like to try as everyone will be made very welcome. I can be contacted on Bixter 810254 if no one in please leave a message or see me at the track Mondays and Fridays at 5pm. Cheers. Helen.

You WEREN'T joking about that??

Oh well, should be good. Can i get a form at athletics tommorow?

It was a fantastic show of support from Shetland.

I was stuck outside but luckily had my jacket with me. Others were less fortunate but stayed right to the last speech.

Davie gave a stirring opening speech and thanked a catalogue of people for their efforts. He went on to read out some of the more poignant and powerful letters of support from the likes of Ron Ferguson and Charlie Greig. Well done Davie.

Alastair and Tavish both excelled themselves with great speeches. It’s good to know that we are represented by such an able pair of politicians.

Sandy said that the SIC are willing to pay any legal costs required to bring Sakchai home. This is fantastic news and shows how much Shetland as a community is willing to look after their own.

Sandra did a good job - she obviously hates public speaking but speaks very much from the heart....she would be a spin doctor's worst nightmare but her humanity and delivery gives a connection with the crowd which other more seasoned public speakers can’t achieve.

Sakchai's sister was up last and understandably struggled to hold back the tears in such a public show of support for her brother.

It was great to see the support at Clickimin tonight - its a shame they didn't let the ones outside in, because there was enough room for them but I guess its to do with fire regs and such.

I can't put into words how fantastic everyone involved was - that includes the people 'behind the scenes' organising the event, organising the petitions, keeping the forum up and running as well as those 'front of house' - Davy, Alastair, Tavis, Sandy, Sandra.

Tremendous, every single one of you.

And our (my family and I's) thoughts and wishes are with you Sakchai, Kesorn and Uthai.

newsnight on bbc2 has a feature on sakchai compared to the labour councillor who set fire to a hotel and is being released into the house of lords!

it should be on any minute now!

Thanks for the pre-warning!

Very impressed - strong words from Alistair as to who is responsible, and a very high profile feature on the case.

Well done the Edinburgh mob who featured there - was that Chrisjam doing the talking?

Shame they obviously hadn't had time to get footage from the Clickimin, but we are getting noticed - keep up the good work guys!

was that Chrisjam doing the talking?

.. Yes!

Aye, cheers for warning on that, was good to see. Awesome to have that kind of time on air devoted to the cause! They're right, there are few places with the kind of community Shetland has. I don't think I've ever been so proud to have been born there! Everyone's efforts are amazing. Something's got to come of this!

Hia,

Excellent stuff on Newsnight Scotland there! Well done Alistair for the comments made, it's looking really good so far. I think we definately need to do a petition/flyering campaign on the streets of Edinburgh and maybe Glasgow too to capitalise on that positive response from the media. Up for that this weekend guys?

Well done again everyone, lets keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Chris.

P.S. Yes that was me with the pink shirt and the long hair rambling on camera!

P.S. Yes that was me with the pink shirt and the long hair rambling on camera!

A ramble?... no no brother, a fine speech.

Petition/flyering campaign sounds like a grand idea to keep things going... if only i wis doon in Edinburgh tae gee dee a hand, alas Shetland bound.