Deportation of Sakchai Makao (Mark II) - ** News Thread **

trout

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiyi!

Just thought i'd say that the rally was 'brally good' an that Uthai's last words of the night were very touching!

Well done everybody involved! I know a lot of people want to start help raising donations and helping as much as they can so am sure plenty oh ideas will be out shortly!

xxx

I was at the rally tonight - great to see so many people there.

Just a thought, will Sakchai be offered support/counselling to help him cope when he's released? It will be almost impossible for him to prepare for the media attention he is going to get, so big has this story become.

hats off to Davie and the gang who delivered a fantastic rally tonight. We really couldn't ask for a better representative than Alistair Carmichael, that guy really knows what he's talking about! and as for Davie, what can i say- why can't there be more people like you in the world?

I had to run to catch a ferry, so couldnt sign up to be on the team, i will do anything i can to help- im up for anything! no challenge too big.. can i sign up via this sight? if so here's the details... Donna Simpson annod44@hotmail.com

p.s any figure yet for the money colected on the night?

I've been absolutely shocked and saddeneed at the manner in which Sakchai has been treated and would like to do more to lend a hand. The level of support he is receiving is amazing and really touching.Unfortunatley couldn't be involved in any of the meetings in Shetland or Edinburgh but if anybody needs a hand with anything in the Glasgow area I'd be more than willing to help.

I live in the United States and I've been listening to BBC Radio Scotland for the past few weeks. I've heard about Sakchi's possible deportation and am against it. Sakchai is a lawful resident of the UK and should be allowed to stay in Shetland. I wish I could come to Shetland and help out.

I have not seen anything on the news here but based on the rate support is growing, it might make the news here soon. I am going to try to notify a call in talk radio station in my area.

Please let the local press know that support for Sakchai Makao has become international.

Just thought it was worth repeating something I heard on BBC Radio Scotland on Tuesday morning: "where a foreign national is found guilty of a crime and is sentenced to a term in prison he/she may on release be considered for deportation". Clearly there was no consideration before action in Sakchai's case.

I live in the United States and I've been listening to BBC Radio Scotland for the past few weeks. I've heard about Sakchi's possible deportation and am against it. Sakchai is a lawful resident of the UK and should be allowed to stay in Shetland. I wish I could come to Shetland and help out.

I have not seen anything on the news here but based on the rate support is growing, it might make the news here soon. I am going to try to notify a call in talk radio station in my area.

Please let the local press know that support for Sakchai Makao has become international.

Great to hear, support is growing fast. Hopefully fast enough.

Something that needs to be borne in mind, is that if support grows at the rate it seems to be at the moment, it could have the effect of making the Government all the more desperate to 'prove' they were right in doing this in the first place.

Yet another very public high profile humiliation is the last thing they need. Dont make the mistake of thinking the campaign is getting any easier.

The more i check this site, the more Happy i get cause im seein how much people care, im a close friend of Sakchais and have been helpin with the petitions, posters etc.... with many other close friends of his, I really wish he seen the suport he got tonight (tuesday), he is such a nice guy and we really want him back, cant the government just open there eyes and see theres no harm on him staying here, Im sick when i hear that name John Reid cause he has broken my heart along with many others! Again thanks for a great turn out.