Matt Cardle 2nd show

DavieG

Just announcing a second concert in the Clickimin Centre with X Factor winner Matt Cardle - this one on Sunday 25th September at 7.30 - following his sell-out show in the Clickimin Centre on the 24th.

Again the show will be with his full band.

Tickets on sale this Saturday 3rd Sept at 9am from High Level Music (please note these are cash sales only) and from Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.beyondit.net.

PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE NO SALES FOR THIS CONCERT VIA SEETICKETS AND ALSO WE CANNOT RESERVE TICKETS FOR YOU AT HIGH LEVEL MUSIC UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES - SO PLEASE DON'T ASK AND PUT THE STAFF THERE IN A DIFFICULT POSITION.

Tickets are £20 - restricted to 4 per person and all under 14's must be accompanied by an adult.

Hopefully this announcement will also beat the tickets touts :D Sorry to those of you who may have felt the need to buy ones for the Saturday from them at inflated prices, but we could not announce this show till everything was agreed and in place e.g an agreement with him and his management / agent, the venue, the production people, the ticket sellers etc etc.

Rest assured we moved as quickly as we could under the circumstances (given it was over a weekend too) to get everything in place for this, once we saw how the sales went on Saturday.

Thanks again for the great support / sales and for helping make this happen in this way.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to let potential ticket buyers for Matt Cardle's 2nd show show know how the sales are set up for this Saturday so you can possibly decide what buying method is best for you.

There will be 500 at High Level Music and 750 on-line at Ticketmaster and Beyondit.net

The bigger % of online sales will be through Ticketmaster.

Hope this helps!!!

So Davie will it be decided at the last minute again to change how many tickets are to be sold at high level music, as i thought it was pretty a pretty poor show to say that there was going to be 800 on sale and then reduce it just before opening.

Tickets were moved to online sales due to the low numbers queueing at High Level, this has already been explained. People are going to miss out it's as simple as that!!!

So Davie will it be decided at the last minute again to change how many tickets are to be sold at high level music, as i thought it was pretty a pretty poor show to say that there was going to be 800 on sale and then reduce it just before opening.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/facepalm.png

This has already been explained Invicta.

On-line sales demand for the first show far outstripped the direct sales demand.

As soon as we realised this was very likely to be the case (prior to 9am judging the queue we had in front of us) we "moved" 200 tickets from direct sales to the websites to try and address / help the anticipated demand in that respect. Even then they sold out immediately.

EVERYONE who queued at High Level at and prior to 9am got tickets no problem as did many others who arrived after that time.

The only one's who were not able to purchase from High Level were either those who arrived too late in the first instance (thinking there would still be tickets available) or those who had not managed to get via the internet - even though a further 200 had been added to try and address demand.

So I can't really see what the problem is here or how it was a "bad show" as you say.

If you did not get tickets from High Level yourself then so be it - but my story still stands. Everyone who was there early enough (prior to 9.45 when they sold out) got tickets from that outlet.

If anyone was disappointed it should have been those who failed to get from the internet sales outlets - not from HLM as you suggest.

For our part we had to entirely guess where demand would lie in this respect - as we will have to do again tomorrow. Who know's it might work out very different this time around.

As I say who know's how this one will work on the day itself - and if you have a better informed insight than I do on this I would be delighted to hear it.

There will be 500 on sale tomorrow at High Level and 750 on the internet. All we can do is guess where the demand lies and do our best to address that.

Seems to me you're damned if you do and damned if you don't - but hey I can live with that!!!

^^^

Well said Davie, immense thanks again for bringing Matt up to Shetland,i was one of the lucky ones who got a ticket for the first show, just hope that the second show is a success,although judging by the amount of wanted ads on shetlink, i think that this will be the case.

some folk just don't understand the logistics involved of staging something like this in shetland, and that to be fair to everyone, you have to distribute tickets in a way that all can be satisfied!

Great reply must have taken a while to think of that one :roll:

Thanks for getting back Davie .

It wasn't me who went to get tickets the last time and It seems to me that I haven't been given the total story or at least that is the way it seems.

Ticketmaster charge both a booking fee and postage I'm afraid so that's probably why their ticket costs appear higher.

All Matt C tickets are face value £20 and that will be the price in High Level tomorrow morning. They have no booking fee or charge anything for the excellent service they offer me and other promoters in Shetland.

And before everyone says the Shetland Box Office is free in terms of charges - that's not really the case as the promoter (me or the external agents who govern these kind of gigs) is charged quite a hefty fee by the SBO to use their services, not the ticket buyers (you) as on most other websites or box offices.

This is a fee I cannot normally afford to pay or absorb without putting more costs on the ticket(s) to you the punters. Rest assured I / we would if we could.

Sadly altering the ticket price for Shetland alone is something we cannot do with nationally managed / promoted tours such as this one - so, in short, we would have to carry the additional cost for this ourselves. An additional cost burden we / I cannot absorb I'm afraid.

This is currently why I, and some other regular music promoters in Shetland, don't currently use that facility for larger gigs. However we are discussing this with them with a view to resolving the situation.

As such this is not something I will be discussing further here. Simply accept that the cost is prohibitive for us on these kind of occasions, but that we will hopefully have this issue resolved at some point down the line.

Hope everyone who wants tickets can get them tomorrow. Rest assured we are doing our best for you and NO element of foulplay as regards ticket allocation takes place. There is simply no need to resort to such a thing on our part.

Great reply must have taken a while to think of that one :roll:

Thanks for getting back Davie .

It wasn't me who went to get tickets the last time and It seems to me that I haven't been given the total story or at least that is the way it seems.

No probs Invicta. Rest assured there was no underhand dealing here and the move we made was in the interest of the ticket buying public I assure you.

To be honest Davie, I would rather buy (for a big gig) from a ticket seller like ticketmaster and pay the premium, or in person somewhere like high level - than the shetland box office for a popular gig. The website doesn't cope well when there is big demand for tickets.

With ticketmaster etc, we are a small drop for them and the first to click get the tickets - with SBO - well, you have to try and try and better try and if you are lucky you might get tickets that you can pay for in your basket half an hour or more later.

I have had tickets in my basket with SBO, but the website has been under such pressure that it hasn't let me check them out - and then by the time the website is functioning properly again they are sold out. Not good.

Great reply

Thanks http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

must have taken a while to think of that one :roll:

No, not at all. It just, I felt, succinctly encapsulated my feelings regarding yet another ill-informed (by your own admission) poster having yet another pop at Davie Gardner.