Would you support VE if.....

Ghostrider

Would you support VE if it was projected to only break even?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Would you support VE if it was projected to only break even?

• My support for VE is unconditional, it is necessary to combat global warming.
    • I would support VE if it is expected to break even, but not if it was projected to make a loss.
    • I would support VE only if it is projected to make a profit.
    • I could never support VE in its current form in any circumstances.
    • I really couldn't give a toss about VE.

Guest posiedon

Topsoil on top of concrete, plus torrential rain = Landslides.

peat I think you'll find England, Scotland, and Wales are also made of rock, your point?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topsoil on top of concrete, plus torrential rain = Landslides.

peat I think you'll find England, Scotland, and Wales are also made of rock, your point?

You know, I never thought of that, shizel heads, now it is my problem. There is an island called Luing, it is made of slate, that slippy shiny stuff, it has mud on it. I am saddened you have little faith in the technology of the time, in 2030, there will have been some leaps an bounds made with topsoil glue, I would say though, putting the peat down instead may be a better option. Stick around and we can watch them get on with it, that is if they do not extend the life of the footings to put new turbines on.

I have seen concrete structures slowly become a part of the landscape over the years, concrete or rock, it is all the same. With the help of us world folk, we can encourage it, a bit like painting yoghurt onto concrete.

I have seen concrete structures slowly become a part of the landscape over the years, concrete or rock, it is all the same.

Tell that to a Geologist.

Hang about, what about "Shetland Spring Water". Can see the advertisement now, along the same lines as a certain well known brand ... "Filtered for the last 20 years through concrete" - doesn't quite have the same ring/taste to it, now does it?

It should be noted that the hills of Shetland are littered with old concrete structures, mostly left over from the war or the cold war. Foundations, floor slabs, gun emplacements, magazines, tank traps, observation posts, footings for radio and radar emplacements, etc. It's all just quietly crumbling into the hill and doesn't seem to have caused any lasting damage anywhere.