BBC Red Button Olympic coverage

Frances144

We have a terrestrial Freeview box with all the usual freeview channels.

But there is no Red Button option.

Is this just our telly or something I am missing? I have tried retuning the box to see if they have added this but still nothing.

Any help out there?

I missed the dressage and ended up with the cycling.

There is only limited access to Olympic venues on Freeview (aerial).

On the other hand there are 24 special Olympic channels on Freesat in both standard digital & HD (that I am enjoying) .....and of course on Sky (if you don't mind paying Murdoch a ransom).

So much for the digital switchover on Freeview (aerial) that cost us licence payers £600 million!!

BBC says

You can watch extra video content by pressing the Red Button on your digital TV service. If you have Freeview you can watch one extra channel during the day and another from 7PM, as well as one HD channel.

If you have satellite or cable, you can navigate through up to 24 live channels by using our dedicated Red Button application, which will show you your choice of sport in HD if your TV supports it.

And if you have an internet-connected smart TV, set-top box or games console, the BBC Sport application offers up to 24 channels of live video in HD quality, with full catch-up of Olympic events available throughout the day.

Do you perchance have a games console connected to the internet?

But we do have a Wii fit, so that might be worth an exploration.

:D

We've been using TVCatch up on Android it has all BBC content, and faster than iplayer. unfortunately you still have to decode the bbc site to make sure you're on the right stream. It has been a little sad having 4 phones going with different streams... but if you can, why not...

The Olympic addicts in our house say the best thing about the Sky coverage is that every single event is being covered. Normally less popular sports like gymnastics and trampolining only get a few recorded highlights.

The only downside they have is that some of the foreign broadcast teams can be over intrusive when someone is injured.

The only downside they have is that some of the foreign broadcast teams can be over intrusive when someone is injured.

I love seeing mishaps like that in the Olympics: I saw four athletes tear their hamstrings, two hurdlers falling over, one pole vaulter bend the other way, loads of gymnasts falling over and a dad who blames me to get out of the house!!