Help with HD

HN38

Hiya

We have a 40" LCD Technika tv from tesco and a black BT vision box, im looking to get a HDMI cable but there seem to be so many different ones i aint to sure what the right size (seem to be go up in size 1.3...so on so forth) etc is. can anyone help?

Its just im finding we are getting quiet a bit of ghosting and don't think our scart cable is to great so hoping a hd cable might help

Also i noticed with all cables they have different sized connectors at end so wanna make sure i get right one

I bought a Technika from Tesco thinking to save a few bucks and had the same problem with ghosting, I didn't try an HDMI but took it back to Tesco the following week but they would not reimburse me.

Technika is an inferior model of tv but is an attractive cheaper option for some, I took the hit and did what I should have done in the first place and went to Goerdie Roberstons and paid the extra £70 for a Samsung, I actually said to myself when at the till in Tesco that I was going to regret that purchase, I won't make that same mistake again.

I'd be interested to know if an HDMI cable would have solved the problem.

had no problems putting it back we had even thrown away the box and packaging so they just took back the tv remote and instructions.

Yeah i am gonna go there tomorrow morning and have a look. have been in the hydro other week but most tv's in size we are wanting were out of our price range but will have a look again.

Was quite disappointed by the lack of service in Geordie Robertson's upstairs today. We bought something anyway despite being cheaper (and longer guarantee) in John Lewis, supporting local and all that, but really, it's no wonder folk are put off, I shouldn't have to "woman handle" a product to find out what cables plug in to the back, "none" is not an answer for nearly any entertainment product produced in the last 30years. And strangely enough being a woman does not mean I haven't been using a DAB for the last 10years, having digital terrestrial through a booster does not mean that you can receive DAB through a basic telescopic ariel. Mumble mutter.

the young lads talked down to the wife when asking for an immersion heater control. they then charged her double what it sells for on the net.

bought a chest freezer from tesco 1/2 the price of a smaller local supplier.

a new dishwasher from the hydro was good value she saved 50 quid getting the silver instead of the white.

if they want us to buy from them treat the customer with respect.