ZetCast - Shetland's Online Broadcasting Network

Jonners

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.zetcast.com

About Us

ZetCast is an online broadcasting network serving the Shetland Islands and beyond.

Our mission: to provide a valuable resource to the Shetland community whilst promoting Shetland culture, music and arts throughout the world.

Administered by a not-for-profit collective, ZetCast delivers “citizen driven media” – made by the community, for the community.

Get involved

Would you like to start making podcasts and get involved with ZetCast? All you need is some basic recording equipment and a good idea!

Many home computers have sound recording capabilities and there are several free software packages that you can use to record and edit your podcasts (we recommend Audacity). The only other thing you’ll need is a semi-decent microphone to record your voice, which you can pick up for as little as £15.

Please *contact us*, with a brief description of the shows you plan on making, and we’ll get back to you.

Great stuff! Just listening to 'KokRock' at the moment. Site looks excellent and seems to be working really well. Nice one.

Thanks. :)

Ironing out a few issues with the Safari browser for Mac users .. but Camino users will find no problem.

Regards,

John

*SNIGGERS* ... Aye.... ummm ooooh umm emm who's idea was it to call it KOKROCK??

8O :roll:

The DJ's name is Dave Kok, apparently.

How embarrassing :oops: :P But regardless of the name... the station is really surprisingly good.. I am listening to it now... wow... I am totally having my eyes opened today.. :tmbup;

From today's Shetland Times

Zetcast

ZETCAST, Shetland's online broadcasting network, is set to launch today.

The website (www.zetcast.com) allows users to download and listen to podcasts, which are like pre-recorded radio shows.

ZetCast is a not-for-profit collective administered by Shetlanders John Smith, Bryan Peterson, Jimmy Carlyle and Marvin Smith, who aim to provide a valuable resource to the Shetland community while promoting Shetland culture, music and arts to the world.

Mr Peterson said on Monday: "Most of the current shows are music orientated but we have a wide range of content in the pipeline. The shows, which are all produced by locals, are recorded and uploaded and folk can access them via the www.zetcast.com website.

"The beauty of podcast technology is that anyone with a microphone and a computer can record a show and anyone with an internet connection and set of speakers can listen to them. We call it 'citizen-driven media: made by the community for the community'."

Mr Peterson said listeners did not need to be tied to their computer to hear the shows once they are downloaded from the site.

"Any device that plays MP3s can be used, so you can transfer episodes to your portable music player and listen whenever you want."

ZetCast is running a competition on its site in which folk can win an iPod portable music player, donated by the Shetland Mac Shop.

Great stuff! Just listening to 'KokRock' at the moment. Site looks excellent and seems to be working really well. Nice one.

When will I be able to buy a "I just can't get enough Kok" T-shirt ?

HaHaHa!

Not sure, I'll suggest it, they could maybe be competition prizes or something?