How to deal with Neddish behaviour?

Q

How aboot some stocks at the Market Cross? Some piece of quaint olde worlde legislation could go through the Council and allow the intallation of a set. I think the only thing that would have an effect on these types of youngsters (because they're not all like that) would be humiliation, as everything they do is for maximum effect with their pals. Spendin a day or 2 at the cross with their name, crime and a bucket full of rotten tomatoes/eggs next to them would soon tak da wye aff dem!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I would say yes, it would be wise to judge them by their 'uniform'.

Ahem. Don't make me retro-quote you on this one, Moorit ;)

The full quote was ''They are indeed part of the 'uniform' worn by neds, but I agree not absolutely everyone who wears one is a ned.

So I would say yes, it would be wise to judge them by their 'uniform'.''

What I meant was don't always judge a book by the cover, but in this instance it would be advisable not to take any chances. :wink:

So you're saying that: If the cover of book has Ainsley Harriot holding a courgette, you can bet it's not going to be about building yachts.

That's way too clever for me to understand :wink:

More like, if you see a bunch of drunken youths brandishing baseball bats when you are walking along Commercial St., it might be advisable to take care. On the other hand, they may just be up to high jinks and having harmless fun. :wink:

• 5 weeks later...

Bring back National Service, that'll sort the little feckers out.

:idea:

They would quickly learn that they are small fish in a big pond and maybe gain a bit of respect for other people, property, and maybe themselves, which they are seriously lacking at present.

And if they still won't play ball?

Target Practice.

A bit of high speed lead poisoning would be far cheaper to the tax payer than years in Queen Betty's B&B's!!!

Bring back National Service, that'll sort the little feckers out.

:idea:

They would quickly learn that they are small fish in a big pond and maybe gain a bit of respect for other people, property, and maybe themselves, which they are seriously lacking at present.

Absolutely, after finishing school, if you don't have firm offer of further education, some kind of occupational training (apprenticeship, skill seekers post, etc) you go and do two years national service. Learn somekind of trade under the discipline of someone that won't take the kind of sh*t that teachers have to put up with at school.

Anybody watched that 'Lads Army' programme? TV humour, but never the less, most of the neds at least changed thier behaviour whilst on the show. If it was extended to 18 months/two years it may stick???

Anybody watched that 'Lads Army' programme? TV humour, but never the less, most of the neds at least changed thier behaviour whilst on the show. If it was extended to 18 months/two years it may stick???

Exactly, that proved that when these folk are singled out and shouted at when their friends aren't watching them, they are no longer the hard men they pretend to be and break down into blubbering idiots.

It is the 'risky shift' syndrome that a group of people will come to a bolder decision than one individual, hence a group of little sh*ts will pick on one person to beat up, but on their own probably couldn't fight sleep.

Guest Anonymous

This open diplay of ignorance is really quite sad .

Im sure most of the good folk of the toon ( and i'm hoping the younger generation 15-25 ) will agree that the various characters that star in these bebo links are really nothin more than a bunch of small minded and deeply ignorant people.

Also if you ask most of them to name there grandparents and where they came from then they would probably find they are not as toonie as they make out .

• 3 weeks later...
Neddish behaviour?....this certainly won't help.

Pathetic.

http://www.bebo.com/grp/Grp.jsp?GrpTypeCd=BD&GrpId=3518177693

Casper

(**MOD EDIT **) has now been locked up.

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.