Should People Eat Horses And Ponies?

Guest Anonymous

Should Horses Go For Human Consumption?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Should Horses Go For Human Consumption?

• Yes I love to eat Horse Meat
    • I Find Eating Horse Meat Disgusting
    • I prefer cats and rats
    • I prefer to eat SIC Councillors

I feel , in a rather childlike manner, more comfortable eating things with smaller brains. Chickens, fish and the like are, for want of a better word, just dumb animals. Rather tasty dumb animals, which for them is unfortunate.

One thing I often wonder, but have been to polite to mention in the past, is why vegetarians associate with non-veggies if they truly believe that meat is murder? I certainly wouldn't sit down to dinner with somone whom I thought was a killer, or benifited from the deaths of other beings... just a thought.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mag wrote

Personally, I've chosen not to eat meat for the past 28 years. I don't think it's necessary. But I don't see any difference between eating cute and ugly animals.

I have only been veggie for a few months. Again a matter of personal choice made because I consider most modern animal farming methods to be cruel. Not only cruel but some of them have the potential to be dangerous to us. It is my choice, I have left my mind open about organic meat although not eating it at this moment.

I now want to defend cows. They are not ugly.........just big gentle creatures who leave rather large deposits behind them. And from living between the grazing and the milking parlour I can honestly say they have individual personalities. And some recent research I have done tells a tale of cruelty when the cow gives birth just to have her calf removed as soon as possible to boost milk output.

I think fish should really be classed as a sort of half-way house between animals and vegetation. They really have no clue as far as I can make out of the greater scheme of things. I see their 'harvesting' by fishermen in much the same way as I see someone harvesting their crop of barley. Since adopting this mindset I have found eating fish far more pleasant.

Although I still eat red meat and poultry I do feel slightly hypocritical eating them as I can't think of many things more horrifying than a slaughterhouse.

Ally wrote

One thing I often wonder, but have been to polite to mention in the past, is why vegetarians associate with non-veggies if they truly believe that meat is murder? I certainly wouldn't sit down to dinner with somone whom I thought was a killer, or benifited from the deaths of other beings... just a thought.

I am sure there are people at the more extreme end of the vegan lifestyle who will avoid associating with meat eaters and I have sent Ally's message to a veggie relative to get her thoughts which I will post here if they are interesting.

I think fish should really be classed as a sort of half-way house between animals and vegetation. They really have no clue as far as I can make out of the greater scheme of things. I see their 'harvesting' by fishermen in much the same way as I see someone harvesting their crop of barley. Since adopting this mindset I have found eating fish far more pleasant.

Although I still eat red meat and poultry I do feel slightly hypocritical eating them as I can't think of many things more horrifying than a slaughterhouse.

Can I just say that the wild salmon can wander the ocean depths only to return to the river it was hatched in to breed. Considering some humans have a problem finding their way home after a night at the pub perhaps fish have more brains than we thought.

Can I just say that the wild salmon can wander the ocean depths only to return to the river it was hatched in to breed. Considering some humans have a problem finding their way home after a night at the pub perhaps fish have more brains than we thought.

Justme - are you indirectly advocating cannibalism? :D

On another note..

Why when you have vergetarians round for a meal, do you have to cook a vegetarian meal..

but if you go round to theirs for a meal they dont have to cook you a meat dish... hardly equality that. :P

I find it really funny how vegetarians are so often viewed by meat eaters as one homogenous group with one fervent mission. Many of the vegetarians I know just quietly prefer not to eat meat as they think the associated cruelty just isn't necessary. Some don't even mention to a host that they are veggie, as they don't want to cause any bother. And personally, I will cook meat for meat eating guests, although I don't enjoy doing it. But I have listened to many more diatribes from meat eaters about what they imagine vegetarians are supposed to believe than I have from veggies about the evils of meat eating. The mere mention of being veggie makes some people very defensive and uncomfortable. Maybe it's something they just don't want to think about............

Justme - are you indirectly advocating cannibalism? :D

Nope!.........people are also entitled not to be eaten. At least not by other humans. Tigers are another matter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

A word about fish......

Scientific experimentation has proven that bass will not return to a lure pattern they have been hooked on for more than a year after capture. ie They consciously avoid a foodstuff for a year after getting 'bitten' by it. So are they swimming vegetables? I don't think so, a wily old fish takes a lot of catching.

Still, they're very tasty and good for you :D

i am just a slave to a big medium rare steak!!! i love beef sooo much, and lots of other meat. but im also a girl who wants to help and care for animals, i even did a national diploma on animal managment and had to watch a video on how some animals that were about to be killed for slaughter were treated. such as battery hens (its horrible!!) yeah, i felt really guilty watcing it, and on that night, i had chicken for dinner!

eating animals has been going on for centuries, and it will always go on for ever!

until they mutate some how then start to take over the whole then start to eat humans! like the book ANIMAL FARM!! scary stuff.

ummmm, human burger! 8O