Tesco home delivery service

Hi,

Why is this service not being advertised so more can use this very useful and much needed service??

Why is it never up and running with excuses after excuses it cannot do deliveries,now the delivery van need new windscreen and that will take 2 wks repair as it has a crack its only just come back from the mainland after repairs.Really does it take 2 wks to repair cracked windscreen???

There is a call for this much needed service and we need on the roads asap it helps awful lot of people and would great deal more if was advertised.

Hi because Tesco have to offer this service under their planning conditions when they took over from Sommerfield,and for the amount I need its very handy when the van is on the road .Its the white van in their carpark but does not have Tesco delivery van marked on it, don't know why unless they cannot advertise but cannot see why not.They certainly don't advertise it in their store.

However if you go customer sevice or phone up, you can do your shop pay for it and they will deliver your goods for you at agreed time .It really is great if you don't have use of a car or what do shoopping in town without leaving food sitiing around in your car and it can be dropped off at time convinient to yourselves.

Its fantastic service when its running.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 2 wks fit cracked windscreen surely.

Come on Tesco we need this service back on the road and more people need to know about this service because i'm sure lots more people would use it if they knew about it.

Just have ring up ,do your shop and they drop it off its that simple

Lot bulky items and at ggod price I can't get at my local shop when feeding large family cost is important too however we do buy some food regularly locally too.

Guest Anonymous

like I said most if not all the country shops offer a delivery service without the sprootle that seems to keep the tesco van off the road. they do this as a service to their customers not because of some planning permission regulation.

But from what has been posted on here it seems tesco are not too keen on sticking to the letter of their agreement.

Guest Anonymous

did some price checking yesterday and everything that tesco was offering at a reduced rate was cheaper in my local shop before the temporary reduction in price and some of it was cheaper localy even after the reduction.

What they do need is 2 vans so at least if one is being repaired the other is up and working.

I don't think that will ever happen. I think that you will find that Tesco does not want to run the home delivery service in Lerwick and only do so as they are obliged to. This is the reason why the service is not publicised and there is no livery on the van.

Down south the home delivery service only runs a profit if they can deliver a near-full van in a relatively small area - clearly this will not happen up here as the population is rather spread, and Lerwick is small.

That being said, it is here so use it. The only way the service will stay is if it is used.

Ufortunately alot of what I require my local shop cannot get for me like eg the very large boxes of Ariel etc and other common items in very large sizes and at the price.

If the delivery service is a good will gesture than it would be nice to have the good will gesture in use so more of us can use as there is indeed a demand they run the delivery service not just in Lerwick it comes right down the south mainland so obviously out of Lerwick.

I would be more than happy to pay a delivery charge like down south for the service if that the problem ,but I know quite lot people are using the service already outwith Lerwick.

So come Tesco get the van back on the road asap so people can use the much needed service.

If they advertised the service in their store and charged for delivery too even more people i'm sure would find this hugely convinent,it just need more spread of word of mouth and advertising.

I've spoken about the Tesco delivery service before, on this thread

Manager told us that they were not allowed to have any advertising on the van. I got the feeling they would do more, although I don't see why they don't advertise it in store, and in the paper (unless this was banned also).

We tried to get a delivery recently but were also told about the windscreen. They won't get two vans, it would be a waste of resources. We are visiting our local store this week, but still a delivery from Tesco would be nice ;)

Getting frustrated at the customer service staff won't help. I don't know what happened to the windscreen, I don't know why it takes so long to fix it. I just don't want all the negativity to make Tesco try and have the delivery requirement removed... as then we would be in trouble!

Guest Anonymous

8.5 kg ariel bold whatever brand you want is available from your local store they will just need a day to get it for you try ordering the day before you want it delivered. stop looking for reasons not to use your local store and start thinking what will happen when tesco has no competition, as you can see from your experience with the home delivery they are not all that interested in customer service and will be even less interested when you have no other choice but to shop there.

Yes I own a shop but as far as I am concerned I would make more profit converting it into flats and renting them out, than my wife and I working seven days a week. but the community we live in would be worse for it.

The choice as they say is yours

If Tesco really wanted to provide a delivery service they would find some way of advertising it and have any repairs the van needed done the day before yesterday, and if the delivery service was really important to them, they'd hire a self-drive van to do them when their own van is u/s. The local Courier agents do so often enough.

The fact that its unadvertised, un-livieried and a barrage of "no rush"/excuses when any small thing stops them providing the service, says only one thing, that they'd be happier if they didn't have to bother, and very soon they probably won't.