Planet Earth

david

Really enjoyed this, missed it earlier in the year as I was working Sunday nights (is this a new series or a repeat of the first one?).

The Polar bear footage was incredible, i never realised how far they had to swim as the ice melted!

Agree that the penguin footage was in line with March of the penguins but I just love those little fellas so would be happy to watch them all day :)

The Polar bear footage was incredible, i never realised how far they had to swim as the ice melted!

That really was incredible!

I love these shows. They have masses of stunning visuals and huge amounts of emotion. Nature is just so fecking cruel! I was slightly pleased when the walrus got away from the polar bear but I almost couldn't stand it when the bear died!

:(

Amazing series. Amazingly filmed, and just the right quantity and tone of narration from David Attenborough.

A triumph for the Beeb :D

The opening footage of the "ice cathedrals" this week was some of the best camera work and editing I've seen on the box in a long time.

• 4 weeks later...

Last nights edition, featuring the shallow temperate seas, was awe-inspiring. I find it hard to think of descriptive terms that are not just mindless gushing! :oops: Absolutely outstanding. The dolphins aqua-planing up the beach was captivating, the slo-mo footage of "air-jaws" was masterful and the vision of the hump-backed whales and petrels toward the end was like a different world.......i could spout on, but it would be embarassing.

I think it's repeated on BBC4 before the next episode. I would recommend it most highly.

Gush over :oops: